Future of physicians salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freezingsneezing

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does the future hold in regards to pay for doctors? What sort of affect will Medicare for all create if it is put into law.

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone could predict the future they would be predicting lottery numbers since thats an easier way to profit. Who knows what the future holds?

Reactions: 4 users
The overall trend has been downward for decades no matter what policy was enacted. Likely taxes will go up for Medicare for all so I suppose take home pay will be less for doctors in that scenario

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The overall trend has been downward for decades no matter what policy was enacted. Likely taxes will go up for Medicare for all so I suppose take home pay will be less for doctors in that scenario
That's not even close to true

Reactions: 12 users
All I know is that nothing that was predicted about certain specialty pay and salary trends about 8 years ago when I got into medical school has come to pass.

Reactions: 3 users
All I know is that nothing that was predicted about certain specialty pay and salary trends about 8 years ago when I got into medical school has come to pass.

what were the predicitons 8 years ago?

That AI was going to take over in radiology so within the time I would complete residency, salary would be half. The ortho bubble was going to burst. Everyone was taking a pay cut with Obamacare and it is better to drive for UPS, specialties were going to drop significantly causing no one to do them and primary care is going to be overwhelming, psychiatry is the new ortho. Some may be moving in that direction or may not be too far off, but some are still getting the same future doom and gloom.

Reactions: 2 users