• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Future of physicians salary

Miles Gloriosus

“ME-lace” not “Miles”
10+ Year Member
May 6, 2008
  1. Attending Physician
The overall trend has been downward for decades no matter what policy was enacted. Likely taxes will go up for Medicare for all so I suppose take home pay will be less for doctors in that scenario

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

VA Hopeful Dr

Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2004
  1. Attending Physician
The overall trend has been downward for decades no matter what policy was enacted. Likely taxes will go up for Medicare for all so I suppose take home pay will be less for doctors in that scenario
That's not even close to true

Reactions: 12 users

FrkyBgStok

15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2005
Midwest
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
That AI was going to take over in radiology so within the time I would complete residency, salary would be half. The ortho bubble was going to burst. Everyone was taking a pay cut with Obamacare and it is better to drive for UPS, specialties were going to drop significantly causing no one to do them and primary care is going to be overwhelming, psychiatry is the new ortho. Some may be moving in that direction or may not be too far off, but some are still getting the same future doom and gloom.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.