Future of the VA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gasdoc77

A mere instrument: nothing less, nothing more.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get some input from those on staff at VA's (present and former). I've about reached the end of my tolerance for the BS in PP. The empty promises, the complete servitude, and the absence of making any medical decisions that truly steer patient care based upon my clinical impression (unless it seemlessly coordinates with the surgeon's preset expectations). What is the culture at the VA, and has the recent publicity effected that? I feel that PP simply is a matter of getting jerked around and taking it in exchange for a relatively healthy paycheck. Unfortunately, I have a little too much silverback in me to see that as a viable long term option. Perhaps at the VA I could balance operative anesthesia (including cardiac), acute pain, and maybe even a touch of chronic pain? I'm just grasping here. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I wanted to get some input from those on staff at VA's (present and former). I've about reached the end of my tolerance for the BS in PP. The empty promises, the complete servitude, and the absence of making any medical decisions that truly steer patient care based upon my clinical impression (unless it seemlessly coordinates with the surgeon's preset expectations). What is the culture at the VA, and has the recent publicity effected that? I feel that PP simply is a matter of getting jerked around and taking it in exchange for a relatively healthy paycheck. Unfortunately, I have a little too much silverback in me to see that as a viable long term option. Perhaps at the VA I could balance operative anesthesia (including cardiac), acute pain, and maybe even a touch of chronic pain? I'm just grasping here. Thoughts?

if you've reached the end of your tolerance for BS for good pay not sure you want to move towards a different flavor of BS at the VA for lower pay (surgeons also work in the OR's at the VA)

i do hear they have an opening for a new Secretary though...

Lifestyle. They don't call it the VA SPA for nothing.

Im not sure if VA's attract the laziest physicians or they just become that way after being there for a few years but if your looking for a way to do the least amount of work possible…VA might be the place.

Reactions: 1 user