Future Psychiatrists: You're invited to an 'open house' at Harvard South Shore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Calling all future psychiatrists!

Are you an M4 applying into psychiatry?
M4s applying into psychiatry are invited to a virtual open house with Harvard South Shore Psychiatry Residency (HSS), on July 29 at 5pm EST.
The event is hosted by the residents of HSS.

If you're interested in HSS or considering applying, this event is a chance to meet our residents, ask questions about the program, learn more, etc. It's also a chance to get a taste for what social events in a virtual interview season may look like. We know that going into a virtual interview season is probably very anxiety provoking (it is for us too!!) so this may be good practice for meeting residents virtually, and maybe even reduce some of that anxiety.

If you want to check out our program, you can see our website here: Harvard South Shore Psychiatry Residency Training Program

If you're a prospective applicant this year, register for the event. It will be great to see you there! Here's the link:
Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: Harvard South Shore Open House. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.

(We'll also have a second open house later this summer, and of course still have virtual "dinners" with residents for all applicants.)

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
A friend of mine went to South Shore and had very strong things to say about it. I have some experience with Harvard Longwood's program and feel that must be considered as well as it's top notch.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine went to South Shore and had very strong things to say about it. I have some experience with Harvard Longwood's program and feel that must be considered as well as it's top notch.
The longwood program has evolved into two programs, BIDMC and BWH, which are still both top notch!
Glad that South Shore is hosting this! With the caveats that a lot of rotations are at the VA and there is commuting involved, it is definitely a great program too.

Reactions: 1 user
I`m an IMG (did psych residency in Brazil) without a strong research background. Should I attend the event or I`m just losing both of our time? I imagine that Harvard only get very heavy research oriented people, but I could be wrong tho.