future

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DOATC2B, May 14, 1999.

1. DOATC2B

DOATC2B Junior Member

in MI, the D.O. is well respected among other health professionals and in the community in general. I have been warned by pessimists that in some states the the environment is less than optimal. Has anyone heard anything about a D.O. having trouble finding a job due this discrimination?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. VM

VM Senior Member

I don't know about some states but, I can tell you that in Ohio the DO degree is well respected. Ohio University has a DO program, and there are many osteopathic hospitals. I see DOs in all of the local hospitals here in Dayton.

4. RC

RC Member

VM,

were you the one who posted about Grandview reducing their postions for UOMHS students in the future?? if so, have you heard of any more news on that topic. i was doing some research for future rotation sites and Grandview seems like a great place to do my surg. rotation.
    thanks, rene

5. VM

VM Senior Member

RC,
    No, I have not heard anything more about Grandview. That info was told to me by a 3rd year student from UOMHS that I met at my FP doctors office. I don't even know for sure if she is correct.