future

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOATC2B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
in MI, the D.O. is well respected among other health professionals and in the community in general. I have been warned by pessimists that in some states the the environment is less than optimal. Has anyone heard anything about a D.O. having trouble finding a job due this discrimination?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about some states but, I can tell you that in Ohio the DO degree is well respected. Ohio University has a DO program, and there are many osteopathic hospitals. I see DOs in all of the local hospitals here in Dayton.

VM,

were you the one who posted about Grandview reducing their postions for UOMHS students in the future?? if so, have you heard of any more news on that topic. i was doing some research for future rotation sites and Grandview seems like a great place to do my surg. rotation.
thanks, rene

RC,
No, I have not heard anything more about Grandview. That info was told to me by a 3rd year student from UOMHS that I met at my FP doctors office. I don't even know for sure if she is correct.