Fwd: GED and straight into med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

here2learn

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Forwarded message:

Hello _____,

Can you ask this question to your college advisor?

As you know, I am quite old and never went to school after the 6th grade. Farming is not something that appeals to me any more. I am thinking of appearing for the GED and I am sure I will do well. Maybe get a 99 percentile too.

Would it be possible for me to get into medical school if I get an exceptional score on the GED? I know someone who went to medical school right after their high school. So since GED is equivalent to high school, could this work for me?

Thank you _____ for encouraging me to pursue my real passion.

Reg,
______

Members don't see this ad.

Oh and I forgot to mention that this individual is also preparing for the SAT and the Math and Chemistry subject tests and he hopes to do exceedingly well in them - top 5% for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Umm. I think you need to go to college first if I am not mistaken?

Forwarded message:

Hello _____,

Can you ask this question to your college advisor?

As you know, I am quite old and never went to school after the 6th grade. Farming is not something that appeals to me any more. I am thinking of appearing for the GED and I am sure I will do well. Maybe get a 99 percentile too.

Would it be possible for me to get into medical school if I get an exceptional score on the GED? I know someone who went to medical school right after their high school. So since GED is equivalent to high school, could this work for me?

Thank you _____ for encouraging me to pursue my real passion.

Reg,
______

knows someone who went to med school after high school ha, must know an NP who thinks/says they're a MD/DO

you should apply.

med schools love donations.

The GED is no problem at all. But he would need to take at least the prereq college courses, ideally a full bachelor's degree.

...O and the MCAT, countless shadowing hours, leadership experiences, other ECs, possibly some research along the way.

But I guess they could goto a medical school if they were visiting a current student there.

BTW they do goto medical school right out of high school in some foreign countries I think.

there is a vast majority of americans as well the think med school = any school medically related. this includes sonography, radioliogic technology, nursing, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.