FYI: AACOMAS Publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gower

1K Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
AACOM annually publishes a "College Information Book" that details information about the profession and covers admission requirements, admission processes, supplemental requirements, enrollment statistics, and correspondence information for the 19 colleges of osteopathic medicine.

The booklet is currently available at no charge on the web site www.aacom.org
Find it under the "application" section.

A sample paper application can be dowloaded for review prior to completing an on-line application or paper application.

The "College Information Booklet" for the 2002 entering class (next year's application cycle) was scheduled to be released at the end of May. It will be enhanced, more comprehensive and easier to use. It includes more information on osteopathic medicine, osteopathic medical education, and detailed information about each osteopathic college. It can be downloaded from the AACOM website.

For accurate information on the licensing of osteopaths in other nations, email:
[email protected]

Many nations do not license osteopaths at all and some limit the range of practice.
In the UK, for example, DOs are limited to osteopathic manipulation only.

Members don't see this ad.

So much for the diminished activity of my little gray cells! I forgot I posted this yesterday. Oh well, nothing lost except some recycled electrons.

I'm still having some trouble downloading some of those publications....Any help? :cool: