FYI: Free U of Arizona Course on Int Health

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stephen Ewen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found info on this and thought I'd pass it along:

The University of Arizona offers a free summer course on health in the developing world.

"International Health in the Developing World: Clinical and Community Care" is a tuition-free, full-time (90 class hours) interactive, practical course preparing fourth-year medical students and residents for "international rotations." Visiting medical students receive three weeks' elective credit at their home school (which must also arrange the actual overseas preceptorship). The class is limited to 24 and selected by May 15 for the three-week class in July. It is offered as part of the Department of Family and Community Medicine's predoctoral education program. For information and application forms, contact:

Ron Pust, MD
Department of Family and Community Medicine
University of Arizona College of Medicine
PO Box 24-5053
Tucson, AZ 85724
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 520-626-7962
Fax: 520-626-6134
<a href="http://www.fcm.arizona.edu" target="_blank">www.fcm.arizona.edu</a>

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I have heard this course is excellent, so I applied and got accepted for this summer, but I will have to postpone it until next summer due to my schedule. I would definitely encourage anyone interested in international health areas to take this course...

That is great to hear, especially since the price for the course is...just right! :clap: