GA-PCOM students - question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasTriathlete

HTFU
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to GA-PCOM do any volunteering at Grady? Are they one of the affiliated core sites? I know that there are like 35 med schools in Atlanta.

What is the hospital like? I know it is a big level I trauma center. Do they have a good reputation? What about residency programs? Would this be a good place to volunteer while in school to meet people who could help me down the line?

I just interviewed at PCOM a few days ago, and have not gotten in yet, but I will probably have some decisions to make soon, and this would be a big thing drawing me to the school.

What other high-traffic hospitals are in the area that I could help out at, if Grady didn't work out?

Members don't see this ad.

Grady is not one of the core sites. In fact you will have trouble rotating there unless you know someone. Emory and Morehouse pretty much have a complete lockdown on Grady.

There are only 3 med schools in Atlanta including ours. There is one in Macon and one in Augusta. Far cry from 35!

One of our core sites is Atlanta Medical Center. It is a level II trauma center and you will see plenty of trauma there. In fact they have 2 chopper pads as opposed to Grady's one.

Hope this helps...

BMW-

Anyone going to GA-PCOM do any volunteering at Grady? Are they one of the affiliated core sites? I know that there are like 35 med schools in Atlanta.

What is the hospital like? I know it is a big level I trauma center. Do they have a good reputation? What about residency programs? Would this be a good place to volunteer while in school to meet people who could help me down the line?

I just interviewed at PCOM a few days ago, and have not gotten in yet, but I will probably have some decisions to make soon, and this would be a big thing drawing me to the school.

What other high-traffic hospitals are in the area that I could help out at, if Grady didn't work out?