Aug 14, 2011
Status
Medical Student
I have an interview coming up in the north. I checked the forecast and it's supposed to be snowing (90% chance) on interview day. Since I'll obviously be walking outside a lot during the tour and to get from my hotel to the interview, would it be necessary to get galoshes for my shoes? Or is it OK to not use those?

Remy LeBeau

7+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2011
SOCMOB
Status
Medical Student
Snag a couple of shower caps from the hotel and wear one on each shoe. That'll do the trick.

Ismet

PGY-almost done!
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Snag a couple of shower caps from the hotel and wear one on each shoe. That'll do the trick.
Yeah you'll be guaranteed to fall.

Feel free to bring a pair of shoes to change into for the tour if you're going outside. Galoshes would look a little ridiculous with a suit, but if you're just going to use them for walking to and from your hotel, I don't see the harm in them. You can always invest in a nice pair of black shoes/boots with good traction that still look semi-dressy. Something like this wouldn't look horrible with a suit just for the tour: http://shop.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4208418

CarlosDanger

5+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2013
Status
Medical Student
I have an interview coming up in the north. I checked the forecast and it's supposed to be snowing (90% chance) on interview day. Since I'll obviously be walking outside a lot during the tour and to get from my hotel to the interview, would it be necessary to get galoshes for my shoes? Or is it OK to not use those?
You sure you're going to be going outside on this tour? Out of 4 tours, I never went outside. Regardless, they probably won't drag you through heavy snowfall across unsalted/unplowed sidewalks even if you do go outside for a second. I probably wouldn't do it unless you're going to be interviewing during winter storm Nemo II. It's just going to be awkward to be carrying huge boots around and trying to find a place to store them. If you have an extremely long walk from the hotel, I would just invest in a short taxi ride.

If you wear shower caps on your feet, definitely post a picture.

OP
TheBossDoctor
Aug 14, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Turns out that we did have to walk outside in order to see the main facility. There was a foot of snow on the ground but the sidewalks were mostly cleared and salted. And thankfully it was only flurrying during the tour