Galveston/Houston storm

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by eunice, Sep 6, 2002.

1. eunice

eunice Senior Member

hey all..

I'll be in the Houston area for an interview at UTMB, galveston, and I just heard about the storm.. and possible hurricane??
    eeks! scary!

do any of you know when that will be over?
    I'll be flying into Houston on Thurs 9/12/02.
    That shouldn't be a problem right?
    scary~

are floods and hurricanes a frequent problem in TX?
    if so, what parts are more prone?

Thanks~

eunice

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member

I wouldn't say they're a frequent problem, but anywhere near the coast would have to deal with such things occasionally. Just watch the weather. Often by the time it gets to Houston, it might just be downgraded to a regular storm, because it has to go through the whole Gulf.

-RA

4. Jeff698

Jeff698 EM/EMS nerd

Attending Physician
    Howdy Eunice!

I wouldn't worry about Fay, she's already come and is in the process of pettering out. We got some pretty heavy rain last night and some decent wind occassionally here on the island but it wasn't all that impressive of a storm.

That, however, didn't keep our dean from cancelling our pulmonary final exam yesterday afternoon. Grrr. I was ready for that stupid test and now I'll have to keep studying for it for another week. Damn.

BTW, be glad your interview is next week. I saw a couple of poor interviewees trying to make their way across campus in the midst of the storm. Poor guys were in their interview suits and their umbrellas just weren't up to the wind and rain. I suspect their interviewers had a great deal of sympathy for them.

Take care and good luck next week!
    Jeff
    MS-II
    UTMB