Game Night WW - Sign-Ups Closed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can tot/sub if needed!

Members don't see this ad.

1. What is the most common type of zonal injury of the liver and why? Centrilobular, paracentral, midzonal, periportal, or bridging?
2. Aquired portosystemic shunts are secondary to what type of disease process? Grossly, what kind/s of vessel/s are present?
3. In what instance/s will you find a "nutmeg liver"? What about a big, brown to tan, normal to firm liver?
4. Which disease in horses results in a "dishrag" liver?
5. What kind of histological changes will you find in a liver infected with Clostridium piliforme?
6. "Milk spotted liver" is assocated with what parasite?
7. In instances of Vitamin D toxicosis, what changes will you see in your calcium and phosphorus?
8. Will you see an anion gap in cases of Metabolic Alkalosis?
9. If you are testing bile acids (pre and post meal) in an animal with a congenital portosystemic shunt, what changes will you see? What about an acquired portosystemic shunt?
10. An animal given glucocorticoids will see an increase in what blood chemistry value for several weeks following?

Sporty, I just wanted to say I actually really appreciated this and legit used these as some study questions :)

Thanks!

:biglove:

Also, your GI path class apparently overlapped very well with ours haha.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Oh add in having a bit of an OCD break down while posting too---- heard a noise so had to check things in the house 33213423421 times to be sure no creeps were present.
Um, clearly the best strategy for dealing with strange noises in your house is to grab kitchen knife, run upstairs, lock bedroom door, tell skittish cat to stand watch, and attempt to hide in blankets while not occluding your vision. You could have been killed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, clearly the best strategy for dealing with strange noises in your house is to grab kitchen knife, run upstairs, lock bedroom door, tell skittish cat to stand watch, and attempt to hide in blankets while not occluding your vision. You could have been killed!
1. Grab kitchen knife.
2. Run upstairs.​

In 300 words or less, what could possibly go wrong?

Reactions: 1 user
1. Grab kitchen knife.​
2. Run upstairs.​

In 300 words or less, what could possibly go wrong?
I'd have an embarassing funeral because I'm prone to, not just falling down stairs, but also falling up them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Real life Friday night chaos:

We have now learned about commotio cordis -- a chaotic freak accident that basically only affects people who play baseball -- no fewer than 5 times in this veterinary cardiology course.

We have now learned about commotio cordis -- a chaotic freak accident that basically only affects people who play baseball -- no fewer than 5 times in this veterinary cardiology course.
Definitely useful, because cats play baseball all the time. I saw like six cases this week.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

It's also happened to lacrosse players. A student at Cornell died some years ago. Super sad.

You are the WORST
kthnxbai
Rules were broken!!!!! Time to bring out the punishment paddle!

Reactions: 1 users