Gannon University Erie Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mookie014

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Started this thread because I can’t find one for Gannon.

Hello all!

I was recently accepted (11/14) to Gannon University Erie location.

Does anyone have any info about the program other than what’s on the website? Location? Pros and cons? Living in Erie? It would be much appreciated.

I haven’t secured my spot yet since I’m waiting to hear back from other schools as well as have interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I also applied to Gannon--Erie. Today, I received an email with an invitation for their Information Session and I have already RSVPd to the December 1st event. When did you apply?Did you receive this email also, or were you just accepted without attending a session?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I also applied to Gannon--Erie. Today, I received an email with an invitation for their Information Session and I have already RSVPd to the December 1st event. When did you apply?Did you receive this email also, or were you just accepted without attending a session?
I applied October 14th. I got the info about the information sessions with the acceptance email today. If I get the chance I’ll only be able to go to the January information session which happens to be the day I have to put a deposit down. I’ll be flying back from the east coast back home to Cali on December 1st and I can’t change my flight :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied October 14th. I got the info about the information sessions with the acceptance email today. If I get the chance I’ll only be able to go to the January information session which happens to be the day I have to put a deposit down. I’ll be flying back from the east coast back home to Cali on December 1st and I can’t change my flight :/
That's awesome! I'm sure you will make the right decision, whatever it may be :)

Can I ask what your stats were? Also, was it one email that you received or were they two separate emails? What exaclty did they say to inform you of your acceptance? I'm assuming it's a good sign I was invited to the information session, right?

That's awesome! I'm sure you will make the right decision, whatever it may be :)

Can I ask what your stats were? Also, was it one email that you received or were they two separate emails? What exaclty did they say to inform you of your acceptance? I'm assuming it's a good sign I was invited to the information session, right?
I also got an email inviting me to the information session! I will be attending the one in January as I will be attending MGH's open house on December 1st.

Undergrads: KINESIOLOGY pre pt
GPA: 3.68
cGPA: 3.6-3.8ish
GRE: 150V 151Q 4W
Hours: 300+ inpatient and outpatient
Letters: 1 professor, one employer, 2PTs
Extra: deans list 7/10 semesters, coauthor of a study performed during my undergrads, other stuff I can’t remember at the top of my head lol

It was one email all together. The header of the email said accepted into DPT program. And the first paragraph was congratulating me and letting me know when the deposit was due then the rest of the email was informing me about the information sessions . I’m actually incredibly surprised to hear back so soon and not having to have to do an interview.

Is this your first time applying to schools?

Undergrads: KINESIOLOGY pre pt
GPA: 3.68
cGPA: 3.6-3.8ish
GRE: 150V 151Q 4W
Hours: 300+ inpatient and outpatient
Letters: 1 professor, one employer, 2PTs
Extra: deans list 7/10 semesters, coauthor of a study performed during my undergrads, other stuff I can’t remember at the top of my head lol

It was one email all together. The header of the email said accepted into DPT program. And the first paragraph was congratulating me and letting me know when the deposit was due then the rest of the email was informing me about the information sessions . I’m actually incredibly surprised to hear back so soon and not having to have to do an interview.

Is this your first time applying to schools?

Our stats are actually very similar! Yes, this is my first time applying to schools. And yeah, mine was just the email informing me of my invitation to the session... do you think this is still a good sign though (even though I wasn't accepted like you were)?

Yeah, that is crazy... I didn't realize they could accept you without an interview, but that's awesome nonetheless, lol! :)

Our stats are actually very similar! Yes, this is my first time applying to schools. And yeah, mine was just the email informing me of my invitation to the session... do you think this is still a good sign though (even though I wasn't accepted like you were)?

Yeah, that is crazy... I didn't realize they could accept you without an interview, but that's awesome nonetheless, lol! :)
This is my second time applying to schools but first time applying to gannon. I’m not so sure what the info email means but they sent it out the same day which is interesting.

I’ve been getting those type of emails from other schools, even ones I haven’t applied to just yet....

But I think I sent my application in before the deadline which may have boosted it. I applied exactly a month from when I got the acceptance letter. When did you apply? Maybe they send it out like that??? Idk lol....

Last year when I applied to schools I applied on the deadline and didn’t get any interview or accepting school. But this year I applied to soooo many more schools (to avoid not getting in again lol) and I applied before the deadline. Now I have 3 interviews, one waitlist interview and gannon accepting me.

So if you have other schools you are applying for I would definitely apply ASAP. They really do look at those who submit first.

This is my second time applying to schools but first time applying to gannon. I’m not so sure what the info email means but they sent it out the same day which is interesting.

I’ve been getting those type of emails from other schools, even ones I haven’t applied to just yet....

But I think I sent my application in before the deadline which may have boosted it. I applied exactly a month from when I got the acceptance letter. When did you apply? Maybe they send it out like that??? Idk lol....

Last year when I applied to schools I applied on the deadline and didn’t get any interview or accepting school. But this year I applied to soooo many more schools (to avoid not getting in again lol) and I applied before the deadline. Now I have 3 interviews, one waitlist interview and gannon accepting me.

So if you have other schools you are applying for I would definitely apply ASAP. They really do look at those who submit first.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean exactly...? Lol. I applied October 3 to Gannon and received the invitation in my email yesterday. Also, I have already finished applying to all of my other schools and submitted them before each of the deadlines.

It says right on Gannon's website "Application review begins in the fall; application deadline December 1st. Qualified applicants will be called for an informational session ", so I truly don't think everyone receives this email about the information session -- only qualified applicants do.

Started this thread because I can’t find one for Gannon.

Hello all!

I was recently accepted (11/14) to Gannon University Erie location.

Does anyone have any info about the program other than what’s on the website? Location? Pros and cons? Living in Erie? It would be much appreciated.

I haven’t secured my spot yet since I’m waiting to hear back from other schools as well as have interviews.
I also just got accepted into Gannon yesterday! I am originally from Erie. Erie is nice in the summers but the winters are rough, especially if you are not used to snow. The cost of living is low though and there are other colleges around so there is a lot of student housing available. Overall Gannon is a good school and I have heard good things about their PT program.

Reactions: 1 users
I also just got accepted into Gannon yesterday! I am originally from Erie. Erie is nice in the summers but the winters are rough, especially if you are not used to snow. The cost of living is low though and there are other colleges around so there is a lot of student housing available. Overall Gannon is a good school and I have heard good things about their PT program.
Congrats on the acceptance! Do you think I should be worried that I only got invited to the information session but wasn't accepted yet? Do you think there's still the possibility of me getting accepted into the program? They did say that they are sending out more acceptances in December so who knows. I am going to go to the Information Session though

Congrats on the acceptance! Do you think I should be worried that I only got invited to the information session but wasn't accepted yet? Do you think there's still the possibility of me getting accepted into the program? They did say that they are sending out more acceptances in December so who knows. I am going to go to the Information Session though
Thank you! I would not be too worried if I were you considering the deadline still has not passed. I would give them a call maybe and see what it means if you only received an info session invite. But definitely check it out. You will get a good feel for what it is like by going and you can meet the people who are involved with admissions.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean exactly...? Lol. I applied October 3 to Gannon and received the invitation in my email yesterday. Also, I have already finished applying to all of my other schools and submitted them before each of the deadlines.

It says right on Gannon's website "Application review begins in the fall; application deadline December 1st. Qualified applicants will be called for an informational session ", so I truly don't think everyone receives this email about the information session -- only qualified applicants do.
Oh then maybe? I'm not sure. Every school is different. I've been receiving emails about information sessions for a school I have yet to apply to yet. I agree and maybe give them a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
omg I got an invtie to the info session as well and I'm going to the december 1st one as well! Are you close to erie, PA?

Oh awesome! Do you know how many applicants Gannon invites to the session? I'm assuming it's a good sign to receive the invite, right? Lol
also if your going to the info session on dec. 1st we can maybe meet each other there :). I live in NJ, so its about a 6 hour drive to there :/

also if your going to the info session on dec. 1st we can maybe meet each other there :). I live in NJ, so its about a 6 hour drive to there :/
Oh wow, that's a decent drive! I'm about 2 hours so not too bad, haha. Did you receive notification of your acceptance into the program along with the info session invite? I know a few others did, but I did not...

Oh wow, that's a decent drive! I'm about 2 hours so not too bad, haha. Did you receive notification of your acceptance into the program along with the info session invite? I know a few others did, but I did not...
oh so lucky lol, yeah it's so far from me :/. And no i got the same like you, just an invite for an info session b/c i passed the requirements. so I feel the same way as you, I have no idea what it means. B/c other ppl did get acceptances with an invite for a session

Will you be accepting? Did you go to the informational session yesterday (12/1)?

oh so lucky lol, yeah it's so far from me :/. And no i got the same like you, just an invite for an info session b/c i passed the requirements. so I feel the same way as you, I have no idea what it means. B/c other ppl did get acceptances with an invite for a session
Were you at the informational session yesterday (12/1)? What did you think about the program?

Have you decided if you will be attending or not?
No I haven’t decided yet. I have a couple more interviews and I’m still waiting to hear back from schools closer to me but we don’t find out until spring.... I’m in California but Gannon is the first acceptance I’ve received

I put my deposit down this weekend! Is there a facebook page for accepted students? I live in California so I'm looking for decent places to live around the school. I looked into the graduate housing but it looks a little pricey (plus i want to bring my own bed lol).

I also have a few more interviews with some other schools but I have a feeling I'm going to be attending Gannon. So excited to start this journey!

Hi everyone! I am accepted to Gannon and I currently attend another university in Erie! Any questions are welcome, I have lived here for 4 years!

I put my deposit down this weekend! Is there a facebook page for accepted students? I live in California so I'm looking for decent places to live around the school. I looked into the graduate housing but it looks a little pricey (plus i want to bring my own bed lol).

I also have a few more interviews with some other schools but I have a feeling I'm going to be attending Gannon. So excited to start this journey!

I attend school on Erie currently and the housing here is pretty slim pickings to be honest. I currently rent a house and I love it!

do u know if those schools that ur on waitlist for accept lots of students?

I’m assuming you mean accept them off of the waitlists? I’m not sure, it’s pretty unpredictable with every school it seems! Staying optimistic though

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’m assuming you mean accept them off of the waitlists? I’m not sure, it’s pretty unpredictable with every school it seems! Staying optimistic though

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
yeah lol i'm currently on waitlist for 1 school as well. did you ask the schools when they would give u an answer back?

Anyone have any insight as to the cost of the program in total for someone out-of-state? I found prices on the site but was unsure if this was in-state or not.

Anyone have any insight as to the cost of the program in total for someone out-of-state? I found prices on the site but was unsure if this was in-state or not.

Gannon is a private university therefore it would be same in and out of state!

Gannon is a private university therefore it would be same in and out of state!
Thank you!!

Does anyone know how much the religious affiliation of the university affects or plays into the program? If at all.

Thank you!!

Does anyone know how much the religious affiliation of the university affects or plays into the program? If at all.

I have a feeling it doesn’t affect the program at all after reading the curriculum

has anyone heard anything from gannon? they sent an email at the beginning of january saying that they would be sending decisions in early february so assuming it would be soon ... just didn’t know if anyone has heard yet !

has anyone heard anything from gannon? they sent an email at the beginning of january saying that they would be sending decisions in early february so assuming it would be soon ... just didn’t know if anyone has heard yet !
I emailed Erin, she told me that we should be finding out no later than the first full week of February, which would be this week! Still waiting to hear back as well. Good luck.

Will anyone else be attending? Haven’t heard anything for a while from Gannon. I’ll be taking a visit sometime in May... hopefully ...so if anyone would like to meet up let me know! I want to schedule a school tour and meet with the admissions faculty as well as find somewhere to live.

Will anyone else be attending? Haven’t heard anything for a while from Gannon. I’ll be taking a visit sometime in May... hopefully ...so if anyone would like to meet up let me know! I want to schedule a school tour and meet with the admissions faculty as well as find somewhere to live.
got a waitlist letter last week

I was just pulled off the waitlist yesterday and was accepted to Gannon! I had an interview last week for another program so waiting to hear back from them before making a decision. But it seems like I’m leaning more towards Gannon. Do you know if there’s a Facebook group for this incoming class?

Are you referring to Gannon Fl ?
I was just pulled off the waitlist yesterday and was accepted to Gannon! I had an interview last week for another program so waiting to hear back from them before making a decision. But it seems like I’m leaning more towards Gannon. Do you know if there’s a Facebook group for this incoming class?

congrats!! do you mind telling me your stats?

congrats!! do you mind telling me your stats?

cGPA: 3.0 ish
prereqGPA: 3.6 (somewhere around there)
Postbacc: 4.0
GRE: Math-155 Verbal-152 Writing-3.5

2,500+ hours in sports medicine, orthopedic, and neuro rehab setting.
200 hours in acute hospital care setting

Extra curricular: Alpha Phi Omega (service fraternity), other volunteer work

Letter of rec: 2 from PTs and 2 from professors

I was pulled off the waitlist and was accepted yesterday as well!