"Gap Semester"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nysports23

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a current MD applicant who will be finishing undergrad this December. Therefore, I will have a gap "semester" of sorts before I (hopefully!) matriculate into medical school. I am currently in the interview process to become a Kaplan instructor, and this would be something I could do over that time. However, I also love the outdoors/traveling and have thought about visiting some new places that this world has to offer. I have thought about working in some online learning (HMX maybe?) to keep my study skills sharp during this latter pursuit, as well. As much is it may be reality for us premeds, I don't want to get caught up in what would "look good" to an admissions committee over this gap period. It will probably be tough to both do some exploring and traveling over the winter and spring while being a Kaplan instructor, and I just wanted to see if anyone had any insight or thought-provoking experiences.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Go to Australia and sit on a beach for 5 months. Nothing you do until med school starts will matter in the long run.

Reactions: 1 user