Gap Year Advice/Chance me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted767916

Hey Guys,

I finally got all my "stats" so I can finally ask other people's opinion on my position and my chances in dental school.
I'm taking a gap year, but what I'm gonna do in my gap year might change based on how people feel about my current situation as well.

Stats:
GPA: 3.52
BCP GPA: 3.30
DAT: 24 AA, 24 TS, 22 PAT, none below 17
University of Michigan student; if that matters
over 150 hours of shadowing two different dentists; a general and pediatric dentist
over 1,500 hours of volunteering for various organizations
still in the process of getting letters of rec but I have two so far.
done some research, maybe like 100 hours? I do not like doing research
worked so many hours can't count, financial aid student. I have the actual number somewhere but over 1000

List of schools I would like to apply to NEXT CYCLE:
Columbia
UMich
UPenn
UCLA
UCSF
Boston
NYU or Stony
UDM
UNC
UoP
Minnesota
Marquette
Maryland
Connecticut

If there are any other schools that you feel I should apply to please let me know! All advice and/or thoughts are welcomed! My biggest concern is my gpa, it's too low ;c

Members don't see this ad.

your gpa isnt as bad as you think. of course it could be higher but i think your dat score more than makes up for it

Reactions: 1 user
I think you will be fine and as long as you apply early you'll be in a great spot. Unless you really want to live in NYC I'd apply to stony over NYU due to cost alone. I don't think you have a good shot at UCLA with your GPA and OOS status and UNC is very harsh to OOS. Not sure about any others.