This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted1004353

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
What is your BS in? Do you have many upper-level bio/chem/phys/math classes under your belt?

As far as an MS in Bioinformatics, no it won't help you if you're doing it just for a "boost." Read Goro's Guide for Reinvention, where it'll explain a lot of ways to improve yourself.

If you're into it and see yourself using it as a physician, why not? It's unique and seems pretty useful down the road if you become a PI in clinical or basic science research. Medical schools aren't going anywhere. This will be my 4th year out of college and I've been loving it.

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone that's applying to or has applied to medical school I wanted to see if someone could help me out with the following: I wanted to do a one year masters program in California that relates to a medicine. It could range from any medical science programs, special master programs with linkages to medical schools, or any other health/medically related master programs that medical schools have had experience with these applications. My main thing is that it's a one year program relating to biology, health, or medicine and it's in California. For example, the programs I'm thinking about applying to so far that fit these requirements are the following:

1. USC Global Medicine (Deadline 6/15/20, part of USC's Keck School of Medicine)
  2. USC Translational Biotechnology (Deadline 8/01/20, part of USC's Keck School of Medicine)
  3. USC Neuroimaging (Deadline 05/01/20, USC's Keck School of Medicine)
  4. Western University of Health Sciences: Medical of Medical Sciences (Deadline 03/01/2020, Western University of Health Sciences)
  5. UCSF Master's of Science in Biomedical Imaging (Deadline 02/28/20, UCSF School of Medicine)
Also, I've used Postbaccalaureate - AAMC and sorted it out to California and found these out. I'm also applying to UC San Diego Post Baccalaureate Premedical Program as well. Also if anyone's been a part of these programs and have experience, I would love to hear how the program was cause i currently don't know anyone that was in those programs. Nevertheless, if anyone knows any program that fits this criteria of 1 year and in California relating to medicine, health or biology please let me know I would really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.