Gap Year Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

User 1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying next cycle, so I'm currently looking into what I'll be doing for my gap year. I really want my main focus to be training for/competing in an Iron Man Triathlon. I would like to do something medically or health related on the side, but I would prefer if it weren't full time. Do any of you guys know what sort of things are available for me during my gap year or is this not a feasible expectation? I would like to stay relatively close to home which is in the Boston area, but I would go anywhere if it meant I could do this.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying next cycle, so I'm currently looking into what I'll be doing for my gap year. I really want my main focus to be training for/competing in an Iron Man Triathlon. I would like to do something medically or health related on the side, but I would prefer if it weren't full time. Do any of you guys know what sort of things are available for me during my gap year or is this not a feasible expectation? I would like to stay relatively close to home which is in the Boston area, but I would go anywhere if it meant I could do this.
You can just volunteer at a hospital a few hours a week, and shadow some doctors.