Gap Year Questions

SmileyPreDent

2+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2018
  1. Pre-Dental
    Hi Everyone,

I'm currently debating what job to take over my SECOND gap year:

I have a very high paying job being a student aid to a school (could be boring, and is a full time year long commitment and I already have the opportunity set up)

Second; Should I take a pay cut and try to find a job in a dental office as a DA or receptionist...

Money is particularly tight and important to me but I was just wondering what people suggest:

Experience or money

SmileGoals

2+ Year Member
    Jan 29, 2018
    1. Pre-Dental
      If money is tight, then money. I also had 2 gap years, and I chose money both years (I made more at my job rather than being a DA/receptionist). Don't get me wrong, I still volunteered A LOT and was still heavily involved in dental volunteering, shadowing, and dental/medical mission trips. So, best advice would be work full-time (something you enjoy hopefully) and still be involved in your community, do dental related things ie. shadowing, volunteering to show you can be busy yet have successful time management.

About the Ads

TheDentalSchoolCoach

Vendor
      Apr 20, 2019
      1. Dental Student
        Hi Everyone,

I'm currently debating what job to take over my SECOND gap year:

I have a very high paying job being a student aid to a school (could be boring, and is a full time year long commitment and I already have the opportunity set up)

Second; Should I take a pay cut and try to find a job in a dental office as a DA or receptionist...

Money is particularly tight and important to me but I was just wondering what people suggest:

Experience or money
        Honestly, stay at your job it pays well. You can increase volunteer or DA hours if you pick up some hours during weekends. Dental schools don't require you to be a dental assistant before you are acceptd.

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.