Garden City Hospital/Audition Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportsDOc2251

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about Garden City Hospital? I am debating on setting up an audition rotation there and would like to know a little bit about the hospital and the area? Also, any information about their Neurosurgery residency would be greatly appreciated too, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Garden City is in the heart of the "DO heartland", aka the midwest. As such, audition rotations are a big must, especially if you want a competitive specialty like neurosurge. I did not do an audition rotation there, and surprise surprise, I did not get an interview there.

The area is pretty nice. It's kinda a working class, blue collar town, but its also right in the middle of the suburbs of Detroit, meaning you can live in a variety of places and drive in. The traffic can be killer though. Metro Detroit is a very nice area, despite what you hear in the national news.

Thank you very much, do you or anyone else have any more information about the hospital itself?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Michigan and even I don't know much about the hospital. It's a low-key, small 300 bed hospital. I don't think it's known for any stellar/must-go to residencies, but I haven't heard of any malignant programs either. Look under the NS forums, I don't even think it's known for its NS either.

Thank you, any other information out there about this hospital/audition rotations there? Scheduling an audition rotation there soon and would like as much info as possible, thanks in advance.