kittycat

Kitty Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Hi everyone,

I'm a foreigned-trained dentist and wish to apply for the 2-year program at the California schools. I've enrolled in the Gateway program at the Duggan Study Institute to prepare for the clinical tests. This is a 4-month progam and starts on March 20th ( 2 days a week: Sun 6AM-3PM, Mon 8AM-5PM). The class is gonna be in Colton-CA, and it costs 8000$.

If any of you have enrolled in the same class, or interested in taking it, please contact me. I'd like to find somebody to share the ride with, or join the taxi ride with me from Orange County to Colton, or share a room/apartment with me in Colton.

Hope to hear from you soon. :luck:

Kitty Cat.

inder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
kittycat said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a foreigned-trained dentist and wish to apply for the 2-year program at the California schools. I've enrolled in the Gateway program at the Duggan Study Institute to prepare for the clinical tests. This is a 4-month progam and starts on March 20th ( 2 days a week: Sun 6AM-3PM, Mon 8AM-5PM). The class is gonna be in Colton-CA, and it costs 8000$.

If any of you have enrolled in the same class, or interested in taking it, please contact me. I'd like to find somebody to share the ride with, or join the taxi ride with me from Orange County to Colton, or share a room/apartment with me in Colton.

Kitty Cat.
hey!
i wanted to do this program but if our score is not above 85 in part 1 how will this course help us and how can we be sure that we will be called for interview

denzel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2004
Status
i am also really interested in the program, i am joining sometime in july so that 4 months from then would be around Oct and the tests are held in Nov. Why did u decide to join in march and not wait little longer, also do u think the courses are useful for the dexterity tests? please advice me as the cost is around 8000 and I dont want to waste it unless it really helps, I heard that there are courses near san jose that r much cheaper

inder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
denzel said:
i am also really interested in the program, i am joining sometime in july so that 4 months from then would be around Oct and the tests are held in Nov. Why did u decide to join in march and not wait little longer, also do u think the courses are useful for the dexterity tests? please advice me as the cost is around 8000 and I dont want to waste it unless it really helps, I heard that there are courses near san jose that r much cheaper
hey
denzel how do u think this course can help us will this course help in getting interview calls also cause we donot want to spend so much money and in the end what if we donot get call for the interview
please can u tell me how can we get assured that it will get us the interview call!!

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
inder said:
hey
denzel how do u think this course can help us will this course help in getting interview calls also cause we donot want to spend so much money and in the end what if we donot get call for the interview
please can u tell me how can we get assured that it will get us the interview call!!
Duggan course is nothing to do with an interview call. It prepares you for the dexterity tests one has to encounter in assessment process of CA schools.

rahmed

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
denzel said:
Do you know about any cheaper course?

rahmed

OP
kittycat

kittycat

Kitty Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
I'm gonna be around in California at this time of the year, and I found out that Dr Duggan is opening a course in March (he doesn't open it very often) , so I want it have it done as soon as possible, so that I can have time to practice and not have to worry about it later. I just don't know how I'm gonna get to the school in Colton by myself! :p I think I'll have to take a cab there!

Denzel, why don't you join me this time? That would be great! :rolleyes:

I heard that the part 1 score is not the only criteria that they consider to call us for interviews. Your frofile, how you did in dental school, your essay (statement of purpose), your recommendation letters... are also important. If your score is more than their minimum required score, just go ahead and give it a try! Good luck! :luck:

OP
kittycat

kittycat

Kitty Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
I heard about the cheaper courses, and there is also a preparation course at UCLA just a few days before the test, but then you won't have time to prepare and practice.

Usually, you get what you pay for, right? I'm so worried right now, so I think I have to have it done! :( :idea:

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status
kittycat said:
Hi everyone,

Kitty Cat.
8000!!!!!! Absolutly not worth it! That's even abusive for god's sake! Like he's going to get you an interview. :mad:

denzel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2004
Status
there is a web site called www.studydent.com , its in san jose and the fee there is around 2500USD, does anybody else have more info about it?
thanks

Vrnda

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2005
Status
Hi,
I would also like to enroll in this course, ....................
but only in july as I'm retaking part1 to improve scores!!

Is there a term in July and also is there a shorter course as the one with 3-4 months seems really expensive ..!!!..is it any good?????

If anyone knows any info ..kindly PLEASE post them... :confused:

Vrnda

Toothzone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
Hi ,

I would also like some information on Duggans courses...I heard that there is a shorter course for a month..can anyone who has taken this course , post some information , on its fee/ which course is better and effective...1month/3months..? :confused:

Thanks
TZ

smily

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
I have just joined the site,I need your help regarding duggans cone month course

Thanks

smily

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2005
Status
I have just joined the site,I need your help regarding duggans one month course

Thanks

Vrnda

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2005
Status
Hi

IS there a shorter course that you are aware of?? and how good is it?
Do they provide you with all the materials ..also for the same fee?
Vrnda

kittycat said:
Hi everyone,

Kitty Cat.

rahmed

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
Status
Dentist
Hi all

I met someone after my interview at NYU yesterday who not only did the course but worked at Duggans. She told me there are definitely shorter courses for candidates preparing for CA dental school's practical test...costs around $2500-3000. She asked me to contact ?Carlos Valenzuela.

Well that's the latest I gathered on Duggan's and decided to post. I think we should call up and find out (909-824-7179). I am way too busy with Part 2. and will concentrate in Duggan's after a month.

Please post here if anyone finds out more info.

Thanks

rahmed

Vrnda said:
Hi

IS there a shorter course that you are aware of?? and how good is it?
Do they provide you with all the materials ..also for the same fee?
Vrnda

Vrnda

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2005
Status
Thanks rahmed!!
Best of luck with your part2!!
Vrnda

OP
kittycat

kittycat

Kitty Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Hi, has anyone called the Duggan institute and find out if there is any course available for people like us in July to prepare for the practical tests at Californian schools?

OP
kittycat

kittycat

Kitty Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
I called them, and they said they would open a course if there is enough applicants with the same request.

So if you guys are interested taking the course, please all call them and ask for a shorter course (shorter and cheaper than the Gateway Program - 4 months - $8000) . Maybe we can go to school together? :)

Good luck! And hope to hear from you! :luck:

pretiwoman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2005
Status
hi! does anyone have any info on any clinical courses forthe ca board around san jose?? i heard one abt Dr Thaw, does anyone have their contact info???

BlueToothHunter

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
kittycat said:
I called them, and they said they would open a course if there is enough applicants with the same request.

So if you guys are interested taking the course, please all call them and ask for a shorter course (shorter and cheaper than the Gateway Program - 4 months - $8000) . Maybe we can go to school together? :)

Good luck! And hope to hear from you! :luck:
$8000 is pretty steep! I would hesitate to take it unless you really want to. I guess if you have the money to burn, then why not? Good luck!

Toothzone

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2004
Visit site
Status
Hi,
Has anyone enrolled in the shorter course at duggans
or is interested..kindly post..
Thanks
TZ

rahmed said:
Hi all

I met someone after my interview at NYU yesterday who not only did the course but worked at Duggans. She told me there are definitely shorter courses for candidates preparing for CA dental school's practical test...costs around $2500-3000. She asked me to contact ?Carlos Valenzuela.

Well that's the latest I gathered on Duggan's and decided to post. I think we should call up and find out (909-824-7179). I am way too busy with Part 2. and will concentrate in Duggan's after a month.

Please post here if anyone finds out more info.

Thanks

rahmed

OP
kittycat

kittycat

Kitty Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
I took the course. I don't want to say anything against Dr.Duggan since he was my teacher, but I really recommend that you guys read some textbooks, watch some instruction tapes, and ask some dentists to go to their place and practice on you own. In my opinion, after all, what we really need is practice, not a place to go to just to earn confidence.

Unless you have A LOT of money to spend and can't think of any way to spend! :p

docapd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Status
hEY kITTYCAT
WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE AT DUGGAN NOT SO GOOD?????
I AM GOING TO JOIN A COURSE AT DUGGAN IN OCTOBER??? SHOULD I BE STUDYING BEFORE THAT???PLEASE ADVISE ME ALL ABOUT IT
kittycat said:
I took the course. I don't want to say anything against Dr.Duggan since he was my teacher, but I really recommend that you guys read some textbooks, watch some instruction tapes, and ask some dentists to go to their place and practice on you own. In my opinion, after all, what we really need is practice, not a place to go to just to earn confidence.

Unless you have A LOT of money to spend and can't think of any way to spend! :p

OP
kittycat

kittycat

Kitty Cat
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
It's up to you, but I don't think you need to study anything before that. He's gonna show you how to do the preps and you will practice on your own, or you can rent or borrow the DVDs from your friends or anyone who had joined the course to watch and practice on your own. (I rent those tapes for 100$)

Good luck!