GED/HSE To BS To Pharm.D Questions.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ratn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
(Skip down to the questions if you don’t want to read about me it’s a bit long.) Hi, i was wondering what i should do with a HSE/GED. I’ve been lost for the past few years not knowing what to do with my life. I was an addict with multiple types drugs, i have self quit to show my peers that it’s possible. I went through terribly painful withdrawals for about 2 weeks and i made it out alive. I pushed myself through it even though my mind was telling me to just do drugs and everything’s going to be okay again. I even quit cigarettes after smoking 2-3 packs a day since the age of 13 til 19. Quitting cigarettes was worse than drugs. It took me a whole year to gradually cut it off. I even quit alcohol for my own health. Now i’m working on cutting down meats and eating more vegetables for a healthier diet since we are herbivores after all. Now, i’m 20 years of age and i’m going back to school to take the tasc and earn my HSE trying to get my life back together. I’m in hopes of becoming a pharmacist in the future, not only because i’m sick and tired of living with little to no money in my pocket. But i’ve always wanted to help people become better by trying to show examples by quitting drugs, cigarettes and alcohol through determination in hopes they would change as well. I’ve always wanted better for the people i’m surrounded by. I understand that this journey is going to be extremely tough, and i just wanted everybody to know a little about me before i ask some questions. But before i ask, i want everybody to know i’ve thought this through, and i’m willing to sacrafice all my time and effort for this. I used to think it was too late to start school school again, but i soon realized by the time i’m finished i’ll probably be about 30 years old, and that’s pretty young. But anyways here are the questions.

(Questions)Should i go to community college for secondary education before going for a bs degree? I saw a pharmacy school asking for recommendation letters from science and math teachers from high school but i’ve never attended high school. So i was hoping secondary education can cover that. I was also wondering if secondary education would help me do better before i start math, science, literature, and history in college. Some schools require chemistry in highschool which i don’t understand because, wouldn't taking general chemistry along with bio chem, organic chem, etc in college mean the same if not better? If so, why would they ask that i complete chemistry in high school as a requirement?

I will also be studying on the subjects before actual college to make it easier for me when i am actually in college so that it would be less strenuous on me and make it easier for me toaim for a 3.8+ gpa. But as of right now where i am standing in time, I’m going to pursue my HSE first. Even though I haven’t gotten it yet, i want this very badly, and i want to be ready for anything and everything ahead of me! Also because i want to plan everything out detail for detail and make sure i’m guaranteeing my success. Extra advice would also be greatlyappreciated!!!

Thanks for everybody’s time, and i’m looking forward to everybody’s reply!

Members don't see this ad.