gen surgery programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moneyman2

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
please help, as a backup plan (warm weather) i'm interviewing at u of arizona, good samaritan, and ucsd next month for general surgery. i was wondering if anyone has heard any good or bad things about any of these programs.

Members don't see this ad.

I can only tell you what I have heard about UofA, and take this as strictly heresay. I have an interview in early January, but I have considered canceling because I have heard about a lot of unstability in the program such as lot of the faculty leaving and they are in danger of losing their trauma. Now, this is only second hand information so take it for what you will.

I have also heard much the same story about UofA as GTMD2Bee. One of my classmates did a sub-I there and was not impressed. On the other hand, I've heard (and granted this is 2nd hand through the interview trail) that Good Sam is excellent but could be losing some of their primary surgeons.
I just cancelled both of these interviews today b/c I didn't feel as if either were worth the money to travel there.