Gender of the Interviewer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever felt that the gender of the interviewer affected their performance on an interview?

I don't know about other people, but every time I've had a female interviewer, I have been rejected for the job or school.

Whenever I have a male interviewer, I have been offered the job or gotten into the school, other than the nuclear pharmacy interview, where the guy told me that I had the job as long as I could work the 2AM-10AM shift every day.

Note: When I'm hanging out with guys I don't know, I have no problem getting along. When I go out on a date with a girl that I don't know at all, I often clam up.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone ever felt that the gender of the interviewer affected their performance on an interview?

I don't know about other people, but every time I've had a female interviewer, I have been rejected for the job or school.

Whenever I have a male interviewer, I have been offered the job or gotten into the school, other than the nuclear pharmacy interview, where the guy told me that I had the job as long as I could work the 2AM-10AM shift every day.

Note: When I'm hanging out with guys I don't know, I have no problem getting along. When I go out on a date with a girl that I don't know at all, I often clam up.

Sparda, I just love you. :laugh: You blame everything and everyone. First it's the evil ochem professors out there to get you, now it's the female interviewers deliberately rejecting you based on your gender. What can I say ?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
LOL, I'm not complaining or blaming anyone, I just wanted to know if people felt more comfortable in an interview depending on the gender of the interviewer.

I would absolutely feel more comfortable with the male. The reason why is because I think I'd be extremely intimidated by a female interviewer.

LOL, I'm not complaining or blaming anyone, I just wanted to know if people felt more comfortable in an interview depending on the gender of the interviewer.

lol, dude are you serious? I only had two successful interviews and both were ladies. The pharmacist lady offered me a job and I had to refuse the offer because she asked me if I wanted to work with her full time.... I can't be working full time and studying. it would kill me. But, Yes I used to be uncomfortable but then I realized that all you need to do is respect them just like you respect your family and friends....

It's that I get pretty damn nervous when being interviewed by a female. Apparently, a lot of the things that interest me and that are part of my hobbies aren't as exciting to a female as they are to a male.

You can also mention how make up is one of your hobbies and how you like to needle point in your spare time. :laugh: :smuggrin:

Isn't that what all of us females like to do ? :laugh: A female into paint ball is unheard of. :eek:

It's that I get pretty damn nervous when being interviewed by a female. Apparently, a lot of the things that interest me and that are part of my hobbies aren't as exciting to a female as they are to a male.

Wait, did I miss something, if you have gotten into Touro, why are you even applying ?

maybe you should try looking into their eyes and not any lower :laugh:

or maybe you don't know it but you have a downward lazy eye

"a lot of the things that inerest me and that are part of my hobbies aren't as exciting to a female..." What is that suppose to mean? what kind of hobbies do you do?

Do you mean like you play games on computers or something??

adcoms aren't going to admit/reject you based on your hobbies

unless you're listing off stupid crap like tagging or street racing, they aren't going to make "judgements" about you

"a lot of the things that inerest me and that are part of my hobbies aren't as exciting to a female..." What is that suppose to mean? what kind of hobbies do you do?

Do you mean like you play games on computers or something??

Captaining a paintball team, snowboarding, other sports.

I mean, when I was talking to the female interviewers, their reply to my answer was more like a "that's nice...have you done any community service?".

While, when I talked with the male interviewers, I could tell that talking about my hobbies got them more engaged into the conversation. Spent a good 3-5 minutes talking with them about where I played, what kind of set-up I used, etc, before getting into a more serious discussion about pharmacy related questions.

I mean, when I was talking to the female interviewers, their reply to my answer was more like a "that's nice...have you done any community service?".

While, when I talked with the male interviewers, I could tell that talking about my hobbies got them more engaged into the conversation. Spent a good 3-5 minutes talking with them about where I played, what kind of set-up I used, etc, before getting into a more serious discussion about pharmacy related questions.

Oh my, that makes perfect sense. For me, I never said anything about exactly what I did in my hobbies, even paintballing and snowboarding and my favorite got to be street racing. Females interviewers may view that paintballing is some form of violence. I would talk to them about like how they are doing and all that. Just do small talk. Also, learn more about their life than yours. Make them like your equal instead of someone that is going to be your boss. Don't make too many mistakes in your conversations because that could make you more nervous. Best thing ever to do is make them laugh....and go with the flow...

Instead of applying to pharmacy school and med school, maybe you should be applying to your neighborhood sporting goods store. I'm sure they will be more receptive to your snowboarding and paintball techniques.

On a more serious note: Touro accepted you...lol. I wouldn't be to suprised that next year, you will make up that so called "5 percent".

Last edited:
Well, it's a pretty good chance that I wouldn't have made it into Touro for the 2009 Admission Cycle because they didn't use PharmCAS for the 2008 Cycle.

I have never heard of Touro and is it in New York? Is it true that, on Pharmcas, that Touro college of pharmacy only had 64 interviews? and that 42 got accepted?? Is it really that small??

I have never heard of Touro and is it in New York? Is it true that, on Pharmcas, that Touro college of pharmacy only had 64 interviews? and that 42 got accepted?? Is it really that small??

I do not know how many were interviewed but I do know that 65 were accepted.

You've never heard of Touro because the entering class of 2008 is going to be the first class ever. I was told that they will be expanding to 80 in 2009, 100 in 2010, etc.

I do not know how many were interviewed but I do know that 65 were accepted.

You've never heard of Touro because the entering class of 2008 is going to be the first class ever. I was told that they will be expanding to 80 in 2009, 100 in 2010, etc.

Oh damn, that is a good thing that there expanding.:thumbup:

How many credits do you need to have to finish the pharmacy program at Touro??

My school is crazy, they want us to do 153.8 credits during the 4 years in med school!!