Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Geneal Surgery?!!!!

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Mostafa Abdel-Haleem, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Mostafa Abdel-Haleem

Hi all,
    well I don't know where to start, but, I want to tell u that I always loved OR & ER, but the question is, does it worth?
    well I cannot afford it to study in the US, but I knew that there are some scholarships for people of the 3rd world, I wanna ask if someone could give me an idea about this?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Castro Viejo

Castro Viejo Papa Clot Buster

Attending Physician
    Scholarships for medical school or for residency training/postgraduate training?

4. dr.evil

dr.evil Senior Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    Now there's scholarships/stipends for U.S. grads who will travel to 3rd world countries for missions or work but I don't know of any scholarships for students of the 3rd world to come to the U.S. for medical training.

I'm not sure of your actual question. Are you asking if surgery is worth all of the training/money/time/energy? If so, I'll tell you in about 10 years.