General Biology 1, 2 and 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Virgil

Hi hi!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my university (UNLV), there are 3 General Biology courses: 189 (as general as it gets--a huge class covering cell bio and ecology crap), 196 (a bit more detailed cell bio/genetics but still introductory), and 197 (general ecology crap). I used my high school AP credit to get out of 189. I know that some medical schools do not accept AP credits for prereqs. Should I take 189 or can I skip out on it since UNLV has 3 Gen Bio classes (as opposed to the traditional 2)? Please note that I've taken up to Genetics and Microbiology in the biology department.

Members don't see this ad.

is UNLV work on the quarter system or the semester system? if the semester system, you could prolly skip out on it...

Members don't see this ad :)
My school has general physics 3 which other college students are not familiar with. But I do not have to worry about that course because I have no choice but to take it as my major is Physics.

If your major requires it then take it...if it doesn't do whatever you want. If your previous courses were 3 credits each and you had a lab associated with them then I would think you are ok.