General Chemistry 1 + 2 Grades - Bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSB72993

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

At my university last semester I took Gen Chem I and am taking Gen Chem II currently. I understand chemistry well however I am much better at organic/biology than inorganic (taking Orgo 1 + 2 and Bio 1 + 2 for my sophomore year).

Last semester I was 3 points away from a 4.0 in chemistry, teacher would not round up, ended up with a 3.5. This semester I was not prepared enough for the first exam and have been battling my way to get my grade up ever since. Therefore, a 4.0 this semester is out of question, so I'll end up with a 3.5 again.

Is this really bad or something not to be worried about? I study a lot, my cGPA after these two semesters will be around a 3.85, and thats with As in both Calc I and II. I'm just kind of worried that this is going to be really bad for med school and I'm having that undergrad panic attack. Honest answers are appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: And by 3 points I do not mean percentage points, the system was point based.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
:lame:

You need to tone down your neuroticism several notches or this process is going to eat you alive.

I know I'm freaking out, the only reason is because I'm in a residential college where everyone is pretty much pre-med so its a little rattling

Members don't see this ad :)
:lame:

You need to tone down your neuroticism several notches or this process is going to eat you alive.
This.

You really need to get some help if things are eating you up this much. I used to work in mental health, and the neuroticism of some pre-meds can only be paralleled by OCD patients.

This.

You really need to get some help if things are eating you up this much. I used to work in mental health, and the neuroticism of some pre-meds can only be paralleled by OCD patients.

I'm not that bad, just making sure its not bad that I have B's in these courses

I know I'm freaking out, the only reason is because I'm in a residential college where everyone is pretty much pre-med so its a little rattling

Well, this should calm you down: you have a 3.85 GPA.

Just keep doing the best you can, and don't worry about the things you can't control. Contrary to what your neurotic classmates may believe, you don't need a 4.0 to get in to medical school. If you can keep your GPA as high as it is now, it won't prevent you from getting in to any school.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1364507251.484460.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1364507251.484460.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 26
This.

Ever consider that the former may be a sub-population of the latter?