General Chemistry 1 + Lab in 6 Week Summer Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wiesal

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should general chemistry 1 + its lab in a 6 week summer course (can't do 12 weeks this summer).

Would this course be very intense/compact a lot of content? I've also never taken a lab before, so I don't know what to expect.

Members don't see this ad.

This is pretty standard for summer courses. There are some summer courses that include both semesters of gen chem (plus labs) in 7 weeks. Probably depends on what else you are doing though.

The trade-off is that it will be the only course you are taking during that session so you should be able to work harder on it since you are not "distracted" by other coursework. Yes, it will be very intense. You will probably have lab M-TR and be at school the whole day.

This is pretty common especially if someone is trying to take the chem I + II in summer (6 weeks + 6 weeks). Personally I love summer classes because I can focus on one class only and since classes are pretty much daily it's harder to forget concepts come the final, but how well you do mostly depends on how dedicated and what sort of learner you are.

Reactions: 1 user