General Chemistry/Biology CDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Virgil

Hi hi!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal. I didn't learn much in General Chemistry and Biology and I yet have to take the MCAT. I'm thinking about buying those Thinkwell Chemistry CD's. Does anyone have any experience with them? I'm also looking at the Thinkwell Biology CD's and the appeal to those is that Biology is a very general and large subject and I would like some sort of directed study. Again, I did not learn much in my undergraduate courses and I think the best and most productive use of my time this Holiday is to brush up on those before I'm out to take the MCAT. My biggest concern, however, is whether they are worth the money...

If not, can you guys suggest any other alternatives? My textbooks are very dry and bring back horrid memories. Perhaps an alternative book or program besides Thinkwell would be nice as well...

Members don't see this ad.

I wasn't a big fan of the thinkwell videos. We used them in my physics class because my professor was the one on the physics thinkwell. He was an awesome professor though.

I suggest getting a cliff notes book / review book on the subject you want to study instead.

Members don't see this ad :)
tharealest said:
I wasn't a big fan of the thinkwell videos. We used them in my physics class because my professor was the one on the physics thinkwell. He was an awesome professor though.

I suggest getting a cliff notes book / review book on the subject you want to study instead.
Do they make Cliffs books for college courses? I only remember seeing ones for AP courses in bookstores...

damn your avatar

There are review books like Schuams and other brands of that sort. Look through their table of contents to see if they match the topics you need to cover.

Also, there are MCAT review books out there that will have all the bio and chem stuff you need for the test.

I guess I'll use MCAT review books in conjunction with Schuams or something to get a better understanding. All I really want is a strong background in the sciences so my MCAT does not suffer.