General Chemistry, General Physics, and General Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone taken General Chemistry, General Physics, and General Biology all in the same semester? If so, how difficult did you find it?

Members don't see this ad.

busupshot83 said:
Anyone taken General Chemistry, General Physics, and General Biology all in the same semester? If so, how difficult did you find it?

I took gen chem 1, gen chem2, physics 1, and bio 2 all in the same semester. Was pretty tough, but I made all A's. You can;t procrastinate for one second. Hard studying and lots of coffee :D :laugh:

I took all three in one semester. It wasnt that bad. Just keep up with the material.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took them all in the same semester and got A's in all :D. It wasn't easy but honestly is pretty much like studying for the DAT.

P.S. the labs are the time killers. :eek:

And forget sleeping in ever again. You have to be up at like 6am on weekends to prepare b/c the exams have a strange way of falling within a few days of one another.

busupshot83 said:

I took Org.chem., Anatomy and General Physics all at the same time. Also, all of them come with labs. It was hard but possible. If you are willing to put lots of time into it, you will be fine. :rolleyes:

i took gen chem 1 (retake due to 5 year rule), physics 1, bio 1, gen psych, and another class last semester. ended up with all A's and a B (psych). i wouldn't recommend it, but i am behind the 8 ball and am trying to speed up my undergrad completion. but to say the least, i had no social life. but it was worth it, i figured i saved myself a semester and also successfully completed a very rigorous semester curriculum. if an adcom were to doubt my abilities, i could bring up this past semester. you feel me?

UMDeeMan said:
i took gen chem 1 (retake due to 5 year rule), physics 1, bio 1, gen psych, and another class last semester. ended up with all A's and a B (psych). i wouldn't recommend it, but i am behind the 8 ball and am trying to speed up my undergrad completion. but to say the least, i had no social life. but it was worth it, i figured i saved myself a semester and also successfully completed a very rigorous semester curriculum. if an adcom were to doubt my abilities, i could bring up this past semester. you feel me?

I feel you

Bickle said:
I took all three in one semester. It wasnt that bad. Just keep up with the material.

Agreed, I actually took Gen Biology, Gen Physics and Organic Chem I and although it was a pretty tough load, it was doable and rewarding to know I could handle such a load. I'm sure d-school will be MUCH harder, but I feel taking as many classes at once it's a challange since d-school won't be a piece of cake.

I'm feeling that ashanti avatar. although i'm down with christina milian or lindsay lohan right now. DAAAAAAAMNNNNN!!!!

A&P/MICRO/O. CHEM...lots of work!
but it's doable :eek: ...

Physics, and Gen Chem2 and work about 20 hrs (commute is about 1 hr). Lighter than the other people. You guys represent hardcore students. Though about adding Bio but time conflict. Do any of you guys/gals work?

blankguy said:
Physics, and Gen Chem2 and work about 20 hrs (commute is about 1 hr). Lighter than the other people. You guys represent hardcore students. Though about adding Bio but time conflict. Do any of you guys/gals work?

if they do, they don't show it in their grades. it seems sdn attracts many "hardcore students." i work 20+ hrs a week too, like you blank.

oh yeah, i worked 25-30 hours a week too during last semester (22 cr, bio,chem,physics,psych,elective). like said, i had no life.

busupshot83 said:
if they do, they don't show it in their grades. it seems sdn attracts many "hardcore students." i work 20+ hrs a week too, like you blank.

I did not work while taking classes, but I am a full time mom . My two year old needs a lot of time. Sometimes I think that it would be easier to work :scared: :laugh:

So far it hasn't shown in my grades(hopefully it never will). I think its safe to assume that if you take 2 courses that you will be expected to work substantial part time whereas 3 courses maybe a job here and there(inlcuding volunteering).

natush,
beware of this board there some supermoms lurking around here :laugh: :scared:

natush said:
I did not work while taking classes, but I am a full time mom . My two year old needs a lot of time. Sometimes I think that it would be easier to work :scared: :laugh:

Ditto. I agree that having a job would be much easier than having to care for 3 energized boys!! They're just like the Duracell bunny, they keep going, and going, and going... :laugh:

51bd.jpg

zorgas, borgas, i just got bit by the love bat and it's driving me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadd!!!!!