General chemistry - second semester reading?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jscarpachio

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need a good thorough review of the second semester of g chem. Any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen the Berkeley Review books. I have a weak background in G Chem and they just don't focus on reviewing the material enough.

Have any of you browsed through General Chemistry I by David Klein? It's an amazing book. Is there an equivalent for second semester chemistry?

Members don't see this ad :)
The only other text that I could in good conscience recommend other than the one just doubly mentioned is by an author named Tro. You can get it on amazon, but it is pricey.

However, no textbook is going to show you how to do logs, antilogs, and pH's of weak acids virtually in your head (almost makes me want to cry) other than TBR. That said, Tro is an awesome book and the solutions manual is one of the best I have seen.

Tro is just the guys last name, go to amazon and look for the book Study guide for chemistry and under author you will see the name Tro.