General ERAS chatter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ESU_MD

Old School
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't submitted my apps yet, but will in about 2 days or so. I am just trying to tweak my personal statements a little. I wish I wasnt such a procrastinator!!

Anyway, I am applying to about 20 General Surgery, 15 IM and 10 or so FP programs. These are the main ones that are within driving range so I don't have to sell my home. I will probably apply to a few more "dream" programs that would be worth going through the aggravation of moving for too.

Dr Cuts, I bet 140 apps set you back a few bucks!! Small price to pay though if you get your rads match.

Also, I was talking to a program coordinator who told me that a lot of programs already determine if they are inviting a candidate for interview way before the deans letter even gets there. So thats motivation for me to get my app in soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ESU_MD

Dr Cuts, I bet 140 apps set you back a few bucks!! Small price to pay though if you get your rads match.

$3500 smackers to be exact... your latter statement is right on, and is exactly what I'm thinking... (keeping my fingers crossed)...