• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

General Genetics Online

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Arizona
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    So I got an email from an old professor saying they opened a few seats for an online general genetics course. I checked and it would show up as a regular course, not online. I know all the crap about how some schools dont like online classes, blah blah blah. But I know it will work for my biology degree. Would this course be ok to take online? Opinions please.

tahi193

10+ Year Member
    Apr 14, 2008
    1. Pre-Pharmacy
      I just finished a Genetics and Molecular Biology course. It's definitely the toughest biology course I've encountered so far. I actually found it more difficult than organic, but the course was team taught and neither professor was very effective. If you're good at learning from a book, then I'd say go for it. However, be advised that the course contains pretty difficult material. Best of luck!

fenixtnlfan

P2 Wildcat
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      Jul 21, 2007
      Tucson, AZ
      1. Pharmacy Student
        I would agree Genetics was one of the harder classes I took and I wouldn't have wanted to do it online. Though it was one of my fave classes too!

I think there are very few pharm schools that want Genetics as a pre-req, so you should be fine. If you know what schools you are thinking about applying to, check if it is a pre-req and if they require you to take it in a classroom.

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
        May 15, 2008
        Arizona
        1. Pre-Pharmacy
          Thanks. I think I'll stop by my old professors office next week. He seemed to think it was something I would be able to do well. It's not one of the courses required for the schools I applied, I just wanted to take it towards my biology degree assuming I am not accepted fall 2009. I know he said it would show up as a normal class, not show up as an online course. Guess I'll speak with him and see if I can take a look at some of the coursework. Thanks!

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.