general interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMCASTuesdays

I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience having interviews on two consecutive days? Its looking like I can't get out of having one interview the day before another one - would this be ill advised?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone had any experience having interviews on two consecutive days? Its looking like I can't get out of having one interview the day before another one - would this be ill advised?

I don't have any specific insights on this as I have not been through the process but to be sure, it is a problem that most would dream of having! :)
Maybe do some meditation or yoga between those days to relax. And have confidence in yourself! You got this

How far away are they? If they're in the same city then it's definitely doable. If they're on different coasts, I would reconsider.

Members don't see this ad :)
How far away are they? If they're in the same city then it's definitely doable. If they're on different coasts, I would reconsider.

Luckily they’re in the same city so travel wise it’d be doable. I’m just worried it might get tiring - I havent had my first interview so I’m not sure how to gauge that yet

Reactions: 1 user
I had one in DC followed by one in eastern NC. 6 hour drive that night followed by a 2 hour drive in the AM. I was able to handle it pretty well. If you have the stamina and think you can handle it go for it. I'm the kind that doesn't get exhausted by interviews. However, some do. Just know yourself and you will make the right decision!

Reactions: 1 users
I once had 7 job interviews on the same day. That sucked.

• Wow
Luckily they’re in the same city so travel wise it’d be doable. I’m just worried it might get tiring - I havent had my first interview so I’m not sure how to gauge that yet

It sounds like you're wondering what to expect, since you haven't had a med school interview yet.

I think the preparation will be similar for both (know your application in and out esp. the activities, be able to talk about yourself), but you'll have to educate and remind yourself about the specifics of each of the schools (mission statements, curriculum, what makes each unique that you can comment or ask about, how do you fit into each school). If you do the prep in advance, it'll be easy to remind yourself of it the days leading upto, and the day of the interview.

Not a bad position to be in! Make sure you debrief after the interview with a trusted advisor (friend, current med student, parent, whoever) about how the interview went and what you think you did well/could improve upon. That way, you'll be even more amazing that 2nd interview. Get sleep, eat, and use the bathroom beforehand so you're where you need to be when it's time to sit down & chat!

Hope that helps.
-current resident physician

It sounds like you're wondering what to expect, since you haven't had a med school interview yet.

I think the preparation will be similar for both (know your application in and out esp. the activities, be able to talk about yourself), but you'll have to educate and remind yourself about the specifics of each of the schools (mission statements, curriculum, what makes each unique that you can comment or ask about, how do you fit into each school). If you do the prep in advance, it'll be easy to remind yourself of it the days leading upto, and the day of the interview.

Not a bad position to be in! Make sure you debrief after the interview with a trusted advisor (friend, current med student, parent, whoever) about how the interview went and what you think you did well/could improve upon. That way, you'll be even more amazing that 2nd interview. Get sleep, eat, and use the bathroom beforehand so you're where you need to be when it's time to sit down & chat!

Hope that helps.
-current resident physician

Thank you very much! Yes knowing a bit more what to expect does help a lot!

When i applied I had an interview at Dartmouth and then one at Albany the very next day. I was exhausted, but there is a decent distance between the two.

Best advice i can give is to make sure you get sleep. You also need to completely forget about the interview from the day before and be completely “on” for the next