general MPJE info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrdCJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long on average did you study for your state's MPJE? Any general advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you read through the Reiss/Hall (I think that's their names) Federal Law book? Does your state have a law book that you can purchase or are the laws all online?

I read through the federal law book and took notes on anything that looked worth committing to memory. I then went through our state law, again writing down things that looked like they might be important to know. I basically just read through both of those and then afterwards I went over my written notes a few times.

For me, the MPJE came down to choosing between the two best answers... It seemed like all of my questions had two good choices and I had to pick the best one. Also, I'm thinking for at least 1/3 of my exam, it wouldn't have helped me even if I had the book right there in front of me because the question or answers were so vague.

I studied like 2-3 whole days, almost morning to night. Not sure if I passed yet :eek: Like above, I kept getting it down to 2 answers and then having to guess which one they wanted. I'm not sure reading any more law would have really helped me because some of the situations were not in the material.

I went to a two day review session then studied basically two days and the morning before and did well. Its like Pharmagirl said you basically get it down to two answer choices then its a judgment call. Really scary when you think of it. Most people think they failed when they leave.

Members don't see this ad :)
holy cow law is boring!! :sleep: I am just reading and rereading the same sentence lol.. how on earth did you read through all the federal and state laws (and remember them)?!

I actually didnt mind the law stuff near as much as memorizing random useless knowledge for the NAPLEX. Check your state's BOP webpage for a FAQ section. In NC this is very helpful.

what is the highest score you've heard of for MPJE? How high does it go?

holy cow law is boring!! :sleep: I am just reading and rereading the same sentence lol.. how on earth did you read through all the federal and state laws (and remember them)?!
I did read through them all, but I won't say that I remembered them all. And I was only actually able to read through them once the exam was a couple of days a way and my fear increased exponentially! :laugh:

what is the highest score you've heard of for MPJE? How high does it go?

I got an 85 but I'm guessing the high is 100. Have no idea on that though.

I studied like 2-3 whole days, almost morning to night. Not sure if I passed yet :eek: Like above, I kept getting it down to 2 answers and then having to guess which one they wanted. I'm not sure reading any more law would have really helped me because some of the situations were not in the material.

obviously sufficient! passed!!! :D

I studied a couple hours every day for a week. Read Reiss and Hall. Read some notes taken at a review class. And went over state specific stuff from the BOP website. We shall see next week if that was sufficient.

I just found out I got a 91 on the MPJE. :) I definitely studied more than a few days- probably about 25 hours in all. I used the Federal Pharmacy Law book, which actually had some questions I had on my actual MPJE in their practice questions section. Your state board should provide you with their laws. The MPJE asks pertaining to state, so make sure you know that up and down.

Just have lots of caffeine, because it's so freakin' boring.

The highest score is 150. In our review session, the state board guy who gave it said that he's never seen above in the 90's.