DrRowing81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Just wondering if there are any CT fellows out there, or people planning on going into CT surgery with an opinion on this.

With the way CT surgery is now, and will continue into the future, do you think it is better to do your GS residency at a high powered academic center where you have access to research, top fellowships etc. Or is it better to go to a community hospital with more clinical exposure, autonmy etc. The programs i am ranking towards the top of my list are the complete opposites of each other. I like both of them for different reasons, but it seems strange that two so completely opposite programs would be ranked so closely in my mind.

Since CT surgery jobs are mostly going to be academic, does it make sense to go to a academic program. On the other hand, with fellowships being so non-competitive does it make sense to bother with all the research/academic setting, and rather just hone your surgical skills.

Any serious thoughts appreciated.....the usual CT surgery bashing kept to a minimum please:cool:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.