generation "X,Y,Z" graduate from youtube school of medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

intubational

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone really has to attend medical lectures anymore due to the enormous amount of lectures now on "YOUTUBE" SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

I think a new wave/generation of learning is happening in which textbooks will become ancient...what will happen to MORGAN MILLER and BARASH?

here is what i call YOUTUBE school of medicine!
not bad though considering i could skip lectures and learn online

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=o2demand&p=r

Members don't see this ad.

i wonder if JET and MIL have considered doing thier own respective lectures online...think it would benefit alot of residents!

I'll be honest, I didn't learn/retain much from my MS1 & 2 lectures. My school was VERY resistant to offering taped lectures online. Other schools had entire lectures taped, which either allowed students to learn at their own pace at home, or at the very least review the lectures as needed.

If I could have attended a school with half of the lectures online, then routine attendance 2-3 days a week for labs and reinforcement lectures, I would have likely learned much, much more.

Members don't see this ad :)
there are actually pretty cool site which broadcast the OR online.
Lot of youtube clips on anesthesia

have come across some youtube clips with lots of great explanations.
perhaps this is a move in the right direction as learning will finally be more compatible with the human mind...visulizations and simulations...multidimensional perspective

nice video clips on:

Another thing I find extremely enlightening are people creating blogs to express the making of a doctor (ex. lifestyle of medical students/residents)

let the public be aware of the dedication and sacrifice made by doctors!

I wonder if anyone really has to attend medical lectures anymore due to the enormous amount of lectures now on "YOUTUBE" SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

I think a new wave/generation of learning is happening in which textbooks will become ancient...what will happen to MORGAN MILLER and BARASH?

Wow!
I had no idea that this existed.
Now i feel really old :scared:

well i can confirm that plankton is officially not part of 'generation XYZ'

Is this an advertisement?

Do you hold any monetary/proprietary interest in what you are touting?

yeah i have a multi million dollar share with youtube as im a 2nd year anesthesia resident...caught in the act!

Private EYE JET solves the puzzle once again
inspector intubating gadget!

yeah i have a multi million dollar share with youtube as im a 2nd year anesthesia resident...caught in the act!

Private EYE JET solves the puzzle once again
inspector intubating gadget!

Nahhh, Dude....not trying to be a dik....SDN has had a rash of spam stuff lately....some clandestinely constructed.

So just checking.

You're a new poster so we dont know who you are.

This is how most spams look.

thats cool...no prob,

just came across cool videos and wanted to share.
hope no harm no foul

anyways take care

don't believe it for a minute that this guy "intubational" doesn't stink. none of his replies have any contribution to topics other than promoting/identifying youtube clips that all derive from the same site (O2demand). me thinks promotion is at hand here. i would even bet this guy is the creator of said website...............:thumbdown:

funny how you get thumbs down when someone promotes something very clinicaly related to anesthesia.

Whereas when you talk endlessly about significant others and watches and poker and cars and guns...your an avatar.

thumbs up to nonclinically related things to anesthesia
thumbs down to helpful videos promoting anesthesia

Members don't see this ad :)
funny how you get thumbs down when someone promotes something very clinicaly related to anesthesia.

Whereas when you talk endlessly about significant others and watches and poker and cars and guns...your an avatar.

thumbs up to nonclinically related things to anesthesia
thumbs down to helpful videos promoting anesthesia

here here let the 'dick'tatorship of SDN reign and all its clones (DFK)

WOW!!!

You're gone before you even started.

Later, Slim.

Any last words? tic..tic.....tic......tic.....

WOW!!!

You're gone before you even started.

Later, Slim.

Any last words? tic..tic.....tic......tic.....

Whats the big deal here? "his" website has some good basic science info on it and its free. A few weeks ago someone made a post about Etherprep. Now its posted on the top of the page and it costs money.

Am I missing something?

was fun while it lasted.

this site is obviously way to over regulated/sheltered. hope you guys have fun talking about nonclinically related topics.

Just came here with intentions of sharing and obviously its not well accepted. Perhaps not the norm here...so anyways if the clocks ticking...so be it and best of luck with everyone in thier respected fields

later

final last words: if you dont see me its because i got banned for promoting anesthesia...if thats something you approve of...continue supporting this ideal and im sure the field of anesthesia will continue to be the way it is...passive

i was hoping with new improved residency candidates...meaning ones in training while its considered competitive as opposed to ones who got into back in the days due to not being able to do much more than this

New breed of anesthesiologist i hope are courageous and united...so why the bann?

tick tick...boom...inevitable actions of SDN and posse'

my whole point well taken...thanks a million...for simply understanding.
thanks bro!

just hoping to promote anesthesia...lets leave it at that.
Sorry.

this is pretty cool....I find that I like to listen to stuff while I'm driving.....too bad I don't have the internet in my car

MilitaryMD

take a look at the crossword puzzle...let me know what you think of it.

Mil what were you listening to while you were riding your bike (referring to your photo) ...lecture on pharmacokinetics of volatile anesthetics or... HELLS BELLS BY AC/DC!!!!!! pretty cool pic

this site is obviously way to over regulated/sheltered. hope you guys have fun talking about nonclinically related topics.

'

SDN anesthesia is the most unregulated forum on SDN so you are dead wrong with your assessment.

Unless the subject is SPAM.

We are more tolerant than anyone else....and I receive criticism for that.

Thats OK.

SPAM becomes a litiginous issue with paying proprietors...so the hierarchy (which isnt me) takes this very seriously since if not addressed can mean problems from people who pay for advertising.

Its difficult for me to believe that you as a new poster start your posts with something that looks like an advertisement unless you are gaining personally from it.

Add on to that a confrontational post following DFKs post.

The history of (lack of) regulation here speaks for itself. I don't have to defend myself, since theres nothing to defend.

SPAM is not tolerated.

Whats the big deal here? "his" website has some good basic science info on it and its free. A few weeks ago someone made a post about Etherprep. Now its posted on the top of the page and it costs money.

Am I missing something?

Dudes IP address matched to previous banned spammers.

His identity, and story (anesthesia resident...haha) was a probably a hoax...

THANKS, DFK, for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.