generic biostats question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Edward Brady

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im sure that this question is asked a ton here, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend some biostatistics programs that would be realistic for someone that doesn't have a great undergrad GPA?
I'm a psychology major, overall GPA is around 3.2, but if my freshmen year (all gen-ed stuff) is not taken into account its around 3.35. I don't have a lot of experience, just a research internship in a psyc lab where I was mostly just typing in data. I also ran D1 track/ cross country on scholarship for 4 years (not that it helps at all, but could possibly explain my lack of experience). Ive found it hard to find admissions info for programs that are not nationally ranked, so any info/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you looking for Biostats MS/PHD programs or MPH with biostat emphasis?

I haven't seen much for biostats discussion on SDN. If you are looking for ms or phd programs, I'd check out the forums at thegradcafe.com. There are a ton of posts on there about rankings, admissions chances, etc. Especially look for a poster named cyberwolf, he's a biostat prof and is on an admissions committee.

Here's the math/stats forum page, where you will find biostats threads:
http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/48-mathematics-and-statistics/

Are you looking for Biostats MS/PHD programs or MPH with biostat emphasis?

I haven't seen much for biostats discussion on SDN. If you are looking for ms or phd programs, I'd check out the forums at thegradcafe.com. There are a ton of posts on there about rankings, admissions chances, etc. Especially look for a poster named cyberwolf, he's a biostat prof and is on an admissions committee.

Here's the math/stats forum page, where you will find biostats threads:
http://forum.thegradcafe.com/forum/48-mathematics-and-statistics/

Wow that forum is great, just what I was looking for! Thanks for the help I appreciate it!