Genetic/biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAKAZA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think taking genetics will help me a lot on the mcat or could I just get away with using the EK genetics section? I'm asking because I've heard a lot of people talk about how much the mcat emphasizes genetics and the genetics section in EK seems kind of light.

Anyways, I'm planning on taking genetics and biochem this summer semester (which is only 7 weeks long) to prepare for the mcat. I know this is going to be really tough so I want to make sure it's worth it.

Members don't see this ad.

I think genetics did help me out quite a bit on the BS section but biochem is totally useless, in my opinion, for the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Genetics is only a sub-section of the biological sciences section. It'll help to take the class, but you gotta remember that there are a lot of other things that will be covered as well.

I think Genetics will help you out more than the biochem. And Biochem can be an intense course, espeically over the summer, so it might be worthwhile to take just the Genetics course and study for the MCAT.