Genetics on MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownhamster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like the amount of genetics required for the MCAT is far more than what is covered in the EK bio book, while the BR Biology chapters seem like it's too much in detail. I wouldn't mind reading a bit more than I have to, but the test is in about a week. Any good source for molecular genetics in between? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think EK is enough but you can read genetics chapters in TPR or your textbook if you feel its necessary. There is also Khan Academy and other free sources.

Chapter 3 of TPR hyperlearning. It is probably more informative than you would need; that said the style of writing in TPR makes it a pretty easy read. Can probably finish that particular chapter in an hour.

Read EK for review, and do the practice questions in BR. BR includes a lot of info that isn't required knowledge but the questions are still good preparation. Just do as many practice questions as you can.