1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Genetics or Basic Molecular Bio?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Buzzin, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Buzzin

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Since my university offers many classes at the same exact time, I cannot take both Genetics and Molecular Biology before my MCAT. Which would you say is more important? Currently enrolled in Biochem 1, Genetics, Inorganic Chem for Fall 2015 semester. Biochem 2, Protein structure and function, Basic Cell Bio in Spring 2016. Want to take MCAT in May/June 2016. The only 2 classes that I won't really be able to take before my MCAT are the Basic Molecular Bio and Experimental Biochemistry, so wish I could take this one before but not looking like its possible. Any comments or input on the decision will be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Trenb

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Genetics, BC1, and BC2 should suffice.

4. gothicfoxes

gothicfoxes MD & MPH goals
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student