Gentle reminder to SLOR writer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

migm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

The last part of my app is a SLOR from an away I just completed about two weeks ago. My letter writer is acutely aware (as he is part of the process) of the interview season and told me my letter would be in "soon" the last time I saw him on the last day of the rotation. Given that many places that I applied to have given out interviews already and that I think my app may not be considered until 3 letters are in, I was wondering if I should remind him, gently, about my letter. It's been about 10 days now since he's had my actual CV/ERAS request. If I should remind him, how do I do it, and if not, how long should I give it?

thanks,
m

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys,

The last part of my app is a SLOR from an away I just completed about two weeks ago. My letter writer is acutely aware (as he is part of the process) of the interview season and told me my letter would be in "soon" the last time I saw him on the last day of the rotation. Given that many places that I applied to have given out interviews already and that I think my app may not be considered until 3 letters are in, I was wondering if I should remind him, gently, about my letter. It's been about 10 days now since he's had my actual CV/ERAS request. If I should remind him, how do I do it, and if not, how long should I give it?

thanks,
m

Our student support coordinator said a good way to get it done when you're in that situation is to go ahead and send the thank you note.

I'm supposed to be sending thank you notes?

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL I haven't been sending thank you notes either. Fortunately, my school sends out reminders for us re: the LOR issue. I really appreciate that lol

I'm supposed to be sending thank you notes?

i think either http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/thanks-for-your-support-sympathy-ecard.png or http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/fee64828c243a8287b51fd3c224c0415.png would suffice if you're in a rush.

(i don't think you need to write one for a SLOR persay but it's a good tactic if you haven't heard back - just saying thank you so much for agreeing to write this letter for me. Is there anything else you need yada yada)

So are we agreed its been enough time at this point in the season to give him a gentle reminder?