george washington "alternate" ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mumpers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter today telling me I am an "alternate" and will hear more in late winter. Does anyone know what an alternate is? It seems like it may be different from "wait list". What's the deal?

Members don't see this ad.

sounds a hell of a lot like a waitlist to me.

Alternate list = Waitlist. Different schools call them different things.

Members don't see this ad :)
I immediately thought this was a waitlist but then the letter said i would hear from them in february. my sense is that most wait lists dont activate until may when the schools find out that many of the kids who accepted really reject them.

mumpers said:
I immediately thought this was a waitlist but then the letter said i would hear from them in february. my sense is that most wait lists dont activate until may when the schools find out that many of the kids who accepted really reject them.

were you guys who got this letter august or april mcatters?

yeah i still cannot figure out what is UP with GW. i was complete in aUGUST and still have not heard a thing. i'd even take this 'alternate' thing, just give me something, PLEASE....

neuropower said:
yeah i still cannot figure out what is UP with GW. i was complete in aUGUST and still have not heard a thing. i'd even take this 'alternate' thing, just give me something, PLEASE....

I second that...I know my app is complete but thats about it. Havent heard a thing from them :confused:

mumpers said:

It depends on the school. I guess GW starts reviewing their waitlist in Feb, but most schools don't start reviewing it until after they've finished interviewing. Some schools, like Wake Forest, review their waitlist constantly, and you can be pulled off of it at any time.

neuropower said:

same thing here