George Washington regional interviews--anybody gone to those?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lady in red

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between them and an on-site interview? in the letter, they said you get only one interview and its blind. I got one for Feb 11-13 at Berkeley. Anybody else got these today with that date? I am thinking of going their Feb 11. Oh, they also charge a fee (125) which is better than a ticket.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any insight pertaining to your question, but let me get this straight Lady - GW charges a fee for people who take the regional interview option? Are you freaking kidding me? That's rediculous. :mad:

I don't know anything about the regional interviews unfortunately, but I was thinking maybe if ya look on interviewfeedback.com there'd be posts from folks with regional interviews.

Good luck! Congrats on the interview :D Since they're blind interviews, you get to talk about whatever you want and focus on what you think is important to get across to the interviewer. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Jargon, caligirl--I am not kidding, and they did NOT give me an option--all that the letter said was "you choose a date and show up" or else--have to fly to DC. It surprised me, b/c I heard very negative things about regionals (like alumni who don't give a s**t about the school interviewing people) and yes, you don't get to see the campus. but look, I am the most un-picky applicant--an MD is an MD (for me), and I am grateful to get even that with my pitiful MCAT! I guess the fee is to cover the expenses of the admissions committee member flying over there and staying in a hotel. 125 is better than 400+hotel.

If they're charging a fee, they must be sending out an admissions committee member. I would think this would give you as good a shot to get in as going to the campus... The thing I'd be scared about with regionals is that the person who interviews you would have no real say in who gets in and who doesn't... But it doesn't sound like you'd have a problem with that. Congratulations on the interview! :D

Lady in red,
I got the same letter/invitation you got. I am also thinking about being in Berkeley on Feb 11, but will leave Orange County sometime midnight of the Friday before so that I will have some opportunities to catch some good light during the wee hours of the morning on Saturday (photographer talk :)

More, I am debating whether or not to fly out to the school for the interview because of all the reservations mentioned in all the previous posts. Do write me and tell me your final decision if you please (email: [email protected]). Congratulation on your interview! And Happy New Year!

i did the regional interview for GW at UCLA last year. i was given the choice of the regional interview or traveling to dc, but i picked the regional for both financial and work reasons. i was interviewed by the dean of admissions, but didn't like the regional interview at all. i had never been on the east coast before, and thus, had never seen the school. he seemed to question my desire to go attend GW without having ever been to the east coast. i haven't been invited for an interview to GW this year, but if i do i will bite the bullet and pay to travel out there. just my $0.02

i got an interview offer from them also at berkeley at those dates. i am not accepting it. i know someone who got on the waitlist at a school that did regionals in cali. so it is not hopeless, i guess.