George Washington rescheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you's hear anything about GW rescheduling interviews happening this week because of protests going on?

-RA

Members don't see this ad.

What protests? (We're kind of out of it, here!)

IMF protestors...they're located in Foggy Bottom:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57574-2002Sep23.html

It's these sorts of things that just make protestors lose all credibility: "vandalism, property damage, traffic tie-ups, and disruption of normal operations in and around DC. The protest group Anti-Capitalist Convergence, for example, has called for a "Day of Non-Compliance and Resistance," with the stated goal of shutting down the District of Columbia on Friday, September 27."

from http://mpdc.dc.gov/info/IMF/imf_fall02.shtm

Talk about evil intentions. Yeah, let's inconvenience a whole city, just to prove our point. Civil disobedience is fine, but only when it's actually civil.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah. i was scheduled this friday. seeing as though i was flying to DC anyways, i'm tentatively keeping the interview for now, its just going to be abbreviated (only going to have one interview with a dean, no info session, etc). friggin liberals :laugh:

Same thing sort of happened to a friend of mine, I found out. She got scheduled for Friday, but she wanted to reschedule anyway, so she did.

Bunch of tree huggin' hippies... The thing that bugs me most though is when protestors complain about police violence, but they were violent themselves. Does anyone remember the video footage of that Italian guy at one of the G conferences (G7?) who was shot by a police officer? The hippies claimed police brutality, but that guy had grabbed an oxygen tank with the intention of bashing a police officer's head in!

-RA