George Washington School of Medicine vs. University of Arizona-Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bcgrad121

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Longtime lurker, but my first post!

I'm a CA resident.

I've been fortunate enough to be accepted to both GW and University of Arizona (so I'd be considered OOS) for medical school.

I'd appreciate any advice from perhaps current students at either institution or from the lay "sdn" public.

Apologies if I didn't post this the correct way-- it's my first post!

The 2 schools seem to be on par in terms of education, but is there anything that I should consider before fundamentally making a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to guess that U Arizona is much cheaper than GW in terms of cost of living and maybe tuition. Plus, it's close enough to make a roadtrip home if you feel compelled to. I'm a CA resident myself and this would be a factor that I would consider.

Hey all,

Longtime lurker, but my first post!

I'm a CA resident.

I've been fortunate enough to be accepted to both GW and University of Arizona (so I'd be considered OOS) for medical school.

I'd appreciate any advice from perhaps current students at either institution or from the lay "sdn" public.

Apologies if I didn't post this the correct way-- it's my first post!

The 2 schools seem to be on par in terms of education, but is there anything that I should consider before fundamentally making a decision?

Cost, and location are two of the biggest factors I would look into.

I would pick UArizona. They're both good schools, but it would just make the most sense. UArizona is just a little bit cheaper, but cost of living between DC and Tucson is pretty drastic. In terms of location, Arizona is way closer to home, so think about costs of traveling and familiarity as well...moving to DC would literally be across the country for you. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.