George Washington Secondary payment method

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dayne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was in the process of finishing up my secondary for GW. However, their online payment website is down and now they want me to send them a check. However, being a Canadian applicant, it's a bit of a dilemna. The check or money order has to be issued through a US bank. Unfortunately, I don't have an account with a US-based bank.

However, I have a friend in the US, that is willing to send the check to them. My question is whether the check (which will have my name and AMCAS Id Number BTW) can be mailed seperately from my secondary application? He doesn't have a fax machine. So, I can't fax him my secondary.

Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

You should be fine, as long as the check has your name and AMCAS ID# on it. I actually forgot to include my check with the secondary, so I ended up sending it separately, as well, a few days later. everything worked itself out and I received a "complete" email within a week or so. No worries.

Yeah I think spiritualMD is right, just send it separately and make sure your name and amcas id is on it and you will be just fine=) no worries! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had another thought...If you wanted to play it really safe, maybe you could give your friend your username and password to the GWU application website and have him print out your application and send it along with the check?

I don't think that I was given a username or password for GW application website. I was just sent an email from them with secondary link after I submitted my AMCAS application.

Also, the thing is that he's pretty busy. He would have to re-type the whole thing. And if he makes a mistake, then.....

But thanks for the advice! :)

I am going to have him mail the check in. And I am going to mail in my secondary.