dantt

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
As far as I know nobody's asked this yet . . . when listing the courses on the secondary, is it advantageous to pick and choose the courses for which I have the highest grades? Would an obvious attempt to do so raise any eyebrows?

Vizsla

in a lucid interval
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2005
Status
Medical Student
no. Im sure everyone does it...I sure as hell did

Alex1803

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2006
Status
That section on the secondary is for you to put the prerequisite courses and you really can't pick and choose. It will be your Intro. Bio. I and II, Gen. Chem. I and II, Orgo. Chem. I and II, Physics I and II, and the English requirement.

About the Ads
OP
D

dantt

10+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Alex1803 said:
That section on the secondary is for you to put the prerequisite courses and you really can't pick and choose. It will be your Intro. Bio. I and II, Gen. Chem. I and II, Orgo. Chem. I and II, Physics I and II, and the English requirement.
I took 5 biology courses, 4 physics classes, and 4 english classes. My particular concern is the english requirement for which I took 2 lower division classes and 2 upper division classes. I got a C in one of the lower division writing classes while my next lowest grade was a B+.

TSK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I did the same thing. For bio, I had a number of courses to choose from that fulfilled their requirements. After listing intro bio, I chose the courses that I had scored best in. It's not like you're being dishonest, the schools will have your AMCAS with all of your grades on it anyways.

dantt said:
I took 5 biology courses, 4 physics classes, and 4 english classes. My particular concern is the english requirement for which I took 2 lower division classes and 2 upper division classes. I got a C in one of the lower division writing classes while my next lowest grade was a B+.

Alex1803

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2006
Status
It is certainly worth finding out, but I feel sure that they want your minimum prerequisite classes (In other words, it is unlikely that any school allows someone to take Anatomy, Physiology, Histology, etc. without the Introductory Bio. classes). I think this applies to the GW application as well. I can't remember but it may say somewhere on it.

Kuba

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
NYC
Status
Attending Physician
Yea, I am putting my AP Bio credits down and those don't have grades. I am a molecular bio major, so I have tons more upper division bio courses, but I assumed they wanted intro courses.

silkworm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 29, 2004
Bardo
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
TSK said:
I did the same thing. For bio, I had a number of courses to choose from that fulfilled their requirements. After listing intro bio, I chose the courses that I had scored best in. It's not like you're being dishonest, the schools will have your AMCAS with all of your grades on it anyways.
That's what I did too. My school's Intro to Bio sequence was only 6 credits so I filled up the deficit with a upper level bio course I enjoyed and did well in.

About the Ads