George Washington University 2019-2020 MATS/GCATS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedMe831

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else is applying for the upcoming Fall of 2019 cycle! Post your thoughts and etc.! Look forward to getting to know you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

This is late for OP but I applied two weeks ago. I have a phone interview on Monday. I’m curious about the outcomes of the program. How many linkage students are accepted? What percentage get into an MD program? I’m aware of the high tuition but am willing to pay that if it gives me a good shot of getting into a great med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is late for OP but I applied two weeks ago. I have a phone interview on Monday. I’m curious about the outcomes of the program. How many linkage students are accepted? What percentage get into an MD program? I’m aware of the high tuition but am willing to pay that if it gives me a good shot of getting into a great med school.

Hi! Congrats! Do you have any tips with the interview? I have a phone interview this Friday, so I'm a bit scared!

But from previous years, I read that the linkage process depends if you are nominated based on your entrance data (sgpa/cgpa etc.) some people are turned off by that since Postbacc work isn't as factored as we'd like. But I heard there's a high COL as well!

Hi! I ended up getting in. The interview is very relaxed. Will ask you about yourself. Very standard interview questions.

Linkage is available if you have 3.6 gpa and have never taken the mcat. I don’t understand the linkage criteria for the mcat tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I ended up getting in. The interview is very relaxed. Will ask you about yourself. Very standard interview questions.

Linkage is available if you have 3.6 gpa and have never taken the mcat. I don’t understand the linkage criteria for the mcat tbh.

I mean... why wouldn’t you offer it to previous mcat test takers. I did fairly well on the mcat. But I’m still not eligible for the linkage. So I don’t think I’ll attend this. Good luck with everything!

I mean... why wouldn’t you offer it to previous mcat test takers. I did fairly well on the mcat. But I’m still not eligible for the linkage. So I don’t think I’ll attend this. Good luck with everything!
Wow that's crazy! That's such a weird requirement... Thanks for letting me know! Where are you ending up choosing to go? :O

Jcrane is correct I emailed GW to ask them what the requirements were. Also, they said the linkage says for the following year so after you finish the program you will have a glide year. Its stupid will not be applying here.

Jcrane is correct I emailed GW to ask them what the requirements were. Also, they said the linkage says for the following year so after you finish the program you will have a glide year. Its stupid will not be applying here.

That's a fair point. Where did you end up applying to?

I don't think I'll do a post-bacc. I've applied to Boston's and haven't heard anything, also applied to CSUSF and Georgetown. Rosalind Franklin sent me an invite to apply yesterday so I did that. Very short app for that one and they just pull your AMCAS stuff. But I don't think a post-bacc helps much for people with already competitive GPAs and MCAT scores.

I've heard Georgetown's is great. Tulane seems to be popular as well. As someone who's broke AF already, another 30-40K... makes me question the priorities of these schools. ($$$$$$$$$$$)

I don't think I'll do a post-bacc. I've applied to Boston's and haven't heard anything, also applied to CSUSF and Georgetown. Rosalind Franklin sent me an invite to apply yesterday so I did that. Very short app for that one and they just pull your AMCAS stuff. But I don't think a post-bacc helps much for people with already competitive GPAs and MCAT scores.

I've heard Georgetown's is great. Tulane seems to be popular as well. As someone who's broke AF already, another 30-40K... makes me question the priorities of these schools. ($$$$$$$$$$$)

I'm thinking of Gtown or RFU as well. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure. 3.64 GPA, 512 MCAT. I’m a Vet. 5 years of full time experience as a combat medic.

Wow that's great! WHat kept you from applying this cycle for medical school?

Thanks. I did apply. But my app wasn't submitted until september. Took the MCAT in August. I've been given GW more though and I might go for it. Might be fun to live in the capital. Are you still thinking Rosalind or Georgetown?

Thanks. I did apply. But my app wasn't submitted until september. Took the MCAT in August. I've been given GW more though and I might go for it. Might be fun to live in the capital. Are you still thinking Rosalind or Georgetown?
Sweet! I did the interview Friday so I hope I get in as well! I'm so scared because she mentioned about the waitlist a lot and the interview was shorter than 30 minutes :(!

Oh. I hope it goes good for you! Don’t give up hope!

Oh. I hope it goes good for you! Don’t give up hope!
Just heard back, and I'm on the waitlist! Thanks for believing in me! Hopefully they'll get back to me soon!

Hi guys, I am thinking on applying to the GW program next year (I'm graduating this December) and I'm a little hesitant due to the cost of the program. Also I'm not sure if I have a shot, since my GPA is 3.4. I'm a psychology major and have not taken most of the premed classes since I recently decided that I wanted to become a psychiatrist. What do you guys think?

Just received my acceptance! Can anyone help with pros vs cons? My GPA isn't soo high so I'm not sure what are my chances with the Linkage program.

Hi guys, I am thinking on applying to the GW program next year (I'm graduating this December) and I'm a little hesitant due to the cost of the program. Also I'm not sure if I have a shot, since my GPA is 3.4. I'm a psychology major and have not taken most of the premed classes since I recently decided that I wanted to become a psychiatrist. What do you guys think?

I have similar stats and also a psych major! The cost is definitely difficult to swallow bc the COL and tuition is a doozy, but they seem supportive and a great program, still deciding about whether I should accept or not!

Just received my acceptance! Can anyone help with pros vs cons? My GPA isn't soo high so I'm not sure what are my chances with the Linkage program.
Congratulations!! I spoke to a representative of the program, a couple weeks back, asking about the same thing, and they said that in order to be eligible for the linkage program you have to have a 3.6 uGPA by the time you apply.

Congratulations!! I spoke to a representative of the program, a couple weeks back, asking about the same thing, and they said that in order to be eligible for the linkage program you have to have a 3.6 uGPA by the time you apply.

Hi just for clarification... 3.6 uGPA as in undergraduate GPA or undergrad + grad GPA?

Is there any facebook group for currently accepted students? And anyone else who was accepted also concurrently applying?

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted to GW's M-ATS program for this upcoming Fall 2019 class and was wondering if anyone could provide me with some real insights on the program. I read the testimonials on their website for the GCATS/M-ATS programs, but they all pretty much say the same thing. Seems like all have had a great experience with most matriculating into med school after completing either program. Is it worth it? I haven't taken the MCAT yet, and my undergraduate GPA is a 3.45, so I'm primarily wanting to do a program like this to strengthen my stats and gain more clinical experiences in addition to establishing connections to internships/faculty relationships. I actually did not have to interview for the program when I submitted my application, so I'm a little confused why some were asked to interview (unless they were just trying to fill spots ASAP since I applied a few days before the deadline). Also, is the linkage program only available to GCATS students, or is it offered to M-ATS students as well?

I'd love to chat with currently accepted applicants for either program who are seriously considering enrolling! I believe I'll most likely accept my admissions offer, but it'd be nice to exchange thoughts and meet some of my potential future classmates. Thanks in advance!

Is there any facebook group for currently accepted students? And anyone else who was accepted also concurrently applying?

I was recently accepted and also applying to a few of Tulane's programs! Do you think you'll accept your offer to GW?

Did you end up accepting your admissions offer?

So if you've taken the MCAT you're not eligible for the linkage at all, even if you have a good gpa?

Hello Everyone!

Congrats on everyone that got accepted. I have accepted my admissions offer for the 2020-2021 school year. I was wondering if anyone has insight on the program or any advice? uGPA: 3.34 and sGPA: 3.1. I went to GW for undergrad. I have not taken the MCAT yet. Thank you in advance!!

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted to GW's M-ATS program for this upcoming Fall 2019 class and was wondering if anyone could provide me with some real insights on the program. I read the testimonials on their website for the GCATS/M-ATS programs, but they all pretty much say the same thing. Seems like all have had a great experience with most matriculating into med school after completing either program. Is it worth it? I haven't taken the MCAT yet, and my undergraduate GPA is a 3.45, so I'm primarily wanting to do a program like this to strengthen my stats and gain more clinical experiences in addition to establishing connections to internships/faculty relationships. I actually did not have to interview for the program when I submitted my application, so I'm a little confused why some were asked to interview (unless they were just trying to fill spots ASAP since I applied a few days before the deadline). Also, is the linkage program only available to GCATS students, or is it offered to M-ATS students as well?

I'd love to chat with currently accepted applicants for either program who are seriously considering enrolling! I believe I'll most likely accept my admissions offer, but it'd be nice to exchange thoughts and meet some of my potential future classmates. Thanks in advance!
Hey! I wanted to see if you ended up attending and if so, what are your thoughts after one year?