George Washington University- Ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dinkey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Compared to the other programs is GW a lower tier program?

How should we rank this compared to others in the area?

Also, does anyone have an idea about the number of people they interview?

Also, does anyone know about their financial standing? Are they financially strong?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think they are pretty steady nowadays.

Last edited:
Thanks LindaLuv for the information on the prog and quick response i really appreciate it =). I interviewed already but wasnt sure where to put it on my list. I am planning on applying for cardiology later on.

Members don't see this ad :)
What other programs are you considering? If you are interested in Cardiology look at their cardiology match...its not all that impressive to be honest...they had 3 people match in cardiology last year at 2 very small programs and tufts. What other programs are you looking at?

I am probably ranking Gtown, Washington Hosp Center (great cards / poor IM) , Rush University, Univ of Chicago, and Univ of Maryland so far. Location wise DC is my preferred area but if its gonna affect cards may reconsider things.

Thanks LindaLuv again for your help =).

In terms of programs near the DC area, I think Maryland is a much stronger program than either GW or Gtown.

How you do think Hopkins Bayview compares to GW, Georgetown and Maryland? Bayview has all the Hopkins research and a pretty impressive match list. Plus Baltimore is cheaper to live and so close to DC.

How you do think Hopkins Bayview compares to GW, Georgetown and Maryland? Bayview has all the Hopkins research and a pretty impressive match list. Plus Baltimore is cheaper to live and so close to DC.

It is definitely better than the DC programs and, depending on your POV, better than or equal to Maryland.

I agree. Bayview is a better program than GW and Georgetown. Compared to Maryland... not really sure which is better. Both are very solid programs.

Bayview does have the hopkins name although not everything on the main campus is wide open like if you were a JHH resident. Nonetheless, Bayview's fellowship match looks very strong and their residents seem to be happy.

Baltimore, believe it or not, is not all that cheap... well at least if you are looking to not get shot. It is no NYC and it is probably cheaper than DC but a decent place in Baltimore will set you back at least $1200-1500 often times more.