dookbloo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2002
Status (Visible)
anyone know how long they take to get back to you post-interview? also, does anyone know if they are still giving outright acceptances? thanks

ms. a

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2003
Houston
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A little over 3 weeks, but that was a few months ago. I don't know if they're backlogged now.

About the Ads

nikoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Status (Visible)
at the interview, they said 8-10 weeks but i interviewed in feb

rockyh7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
has anyone heard who interviewed from jan or later...either watlist/acceptance/rejection?

Medbound2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
I interviewed in Jan. I called and they said my file is still with the committee.

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Beantown
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Did you hear that Ashcroft the attorney general is at GW with pancreatitis? I wonder if any med students are working on him? Ha ha ha ;)

About the Ads

Medbound2004

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
Status (Visible)
I called them today, and they mentioned that a letter was sent on the 12th of March.

abbiequeen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I interviewed march 5th. they told me 5 weeks which puts informing at 9th of april.

~Abbiequeen :)

abbiequeen

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Anybody hear anything receintly from GW? So much for the "5 weeks" estimate they told me in March!

~Abbiequeen :)

vandypatty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
Nashville, TN
Status (Visible)
They let me know like a cool 10 weeks later. I interviewed mid February and got my acceptance last week. Thankfully it was an acceptance but that doesn't make the wait any easier. Good luck to all of you.

GWMD2B

GWMD2B
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2004
Foggy Bottom
Status (Visible)
Hey, everyone. Hope things work out for you all and GW. I am totally psyched about coming there for medical school. For any of you, was it your first choice?
Talk to you all later!

vandypatty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2004
Nashville, TN
Status (Visible)
The big downside in my mind is just simply cost...while D.C. would rock, I can't figure out if it'd be worth an extra $100,000 in debt versus your state school.

GWMD2B

GWMD2B
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2004
Foggy Bottom
Status (Visible)
I also got into a state school (I'm a Virginia resident, basically lived right over a bridge from GW). Yes, one would save a lot of money going in-state but come residency time I think that it would be well worth the financial debt to state that you are a GW grad. In many ways you are definitely paying for that cache and name/reputation. Still, that'll give you an edge. I always reconcile the financial doom in my mind by thinking about living in the awesome urban environment and the fact that anyone who is anyone in D.C. comes to GW for medical treatment. Plus, you spend all that time studying and pulling out your hair with classes to get the best. Maybe its my bias but I really think that GW is one of the best med. schools out there.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.