george washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dookbloo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know how long they take to get back to you post-interview? also, does anyone know if they are still giving outright acceptances? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

exactly 6 weeks to the day for me.

A little over 3 weeks, but that was a few months ago. I don't know if they're backlogged now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in early Janurary, I still haven't heard back from them. :sleep:

at the interview, they said 8-10 weeks but i interviewed in feb

George Washington was one of our greatest presidents.

has anyone heard who interviewed from jan or later...either watlist/acceptance/rejection?

I interviewed in Jan. I called and they said my file is still with the committee.

I interviewed at the end of January, and they gave me a response two weeks later.

What response did you get...damn that was a fast response.

Did you hear that Ashcroft the attorney general is at GW with pancreatitis? I wonder if any med students are working on him? Ha ha ha ;)

Silentsword,

Were you accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
silent,
mind sharing yoru stats with us? thanks. congrats.

Sure, I don't mind.
GPA: 3.46 at Cornell University
MCAT: 27N

I called them today, and they mentioned that a letter was sent on the 12th of March.

Good luck Medbound!

I interviewed march 5th. they told me 5 weeks which puts informing at 9th of april.

~Abbiequeen :)

Anybody hear anything receintly from GW? So much for the "5 weeks" estimate they told me in March!

~Abbiequeen :)

They let me know like a cool 10 weeks later. I interviewed mid February and got my acceptance last week. Thankfully it was an acceptance but that doesn't make the wait any easier. Good luck to all of you.

congrats patty! mind sharing yoru stats?

No problem...

Vanderbilt University
GPA: 3.4
MCAT: 32P

Hey, everyone. Hope things work out for you all and GW. I am totally psyched about coming there for medical school. For any of you, was it your first choice?
Talk to you all later!

The big downside in my mind is just simply cost...while D.C. would rock, I can't figure out if it'd be worth an extra $100,000 in debt versus your state school.

I also got into a state school (I'm a Virginia resident, basically lived right over a bridge from GW). Yes, one would save a lot of money going in-state but come residency time I think that it would be well worth the financial debt to state that you are a GW grad. In many ways you are definitely paying for that cache and name/reputation. Still, that'll give you an edge. I always reconcile the financial doom in my mind by thinking about living in the awesome urban environment and the fact that anyone who is anyone in D.C. comes to GW for medical treatment. Plus, you spend all that time studying and pulling out your hair with classes to get the best. Maybe its my bias but I really think that GW is one of the best med. schools out there.