medfool24

A-Squared
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2006
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi all,

I have an interview at GW coming up.

Would anybody mind talking about their interview experiences (facilities, DC, how the actual interview went, what kind of questions were asked.)?

If there's another current thread that has already addressed this please link me to it.

Thanks.

rds726

10+ Year Member
    Feb 22, 2007
    NY
    1. Pre-Medical
      Hi all,

I have an interview at GW coming up.

Would anybody mind talking about their interview experiences (facilities, DC, how the actual interview went, what kind of questions were asked.)?

If there's another current thread that has already addressed this please link me to it.

Thanks.

I also have an interview coming up and this information would be helpful.
      Anyone?

About the Ads

Jolie South

is invoking Domo. . .
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      Air Force
      Jun 4, 2007
      Deep in the Heart of Texas
      1. Attending Physician
        I interviewed there and didn't really like it. There are lots of positives, but it just didn't seem like the place for me. That being said,

Pros:
        *track program allows you to specialize in one of several different areas (international health, health policy, i can't remember the others)
        *facilities are nice
        *good location, directly accessible by the metro

Cons (for me anyways):
        *traditional curriculum. you're in class a lot.
        *outrageous tuition coupled with the high cost of living associated with DC = lots and lots of loans

Phoenix.

Emdee Jaydee
        Moderator Emeritus
        Lifetime Donor
        Verified Expert
        15+ Year Member
        Jun 29, 2005
        1. Attending Physician
          I'm sure you've already read through it, but just in case, be sure to check out the Interview Feedback database on SDN. One of those reviews is mine. So, rather than retyping it....

lacrossefiend73

Interning.
          10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Oct 3, 2007
          1. Resident [Any Field]
            You can check out my MDApps for a description of how my interview day at GW went. I wrote a pretty good sized paragraph about it. I also wrote an interview feedback, so like Phoenix said, check that as well. If you have any specific questions, you can always PM me.

:luck::luck:

marylou

10+ Year Member
            7+ Year Member
            Sep 4, 2007
            1. Medical Student
              My interview there was ok. The faculty interview was very laid back and conversational, but the student obviously had no idea what he was doing. He just had a list of questions and even if I'd answered the question earlier in the interview, he just asked it again because it was next on the list. It was uncomfortable. Maybe that's why I got waitlisted.... Oh well, it's mad expensive anyway.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.